Thread: This LEO's 11 yrs as a cop should have recognized donut reside .. but instead

Banned

This LEO's 11 yrs as a cop should have recognized donut reside .. but instead

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/stat...e92320667.html

"I recognized through my 11 years of training and experience as a law enforcement officer the substance to be some sort of narcotic," the officer wrote in her report.

And, of course, it was donut reside ....

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/stat...e92320667.html

"I recognized through my 11 years of training and experience as a law enforcement officer the substance to be some sort of narcotic," the officer wrote in her report.

And, of course, it was donut reside ....
    Sweet.

Addicting too.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 07-28-2016 at 02:31 PM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Doughnut glaze mistaken for meth prompts arrested Orlando LAC to weigh lawsuit

Mr. Rushing, 64, was exiting the parking lot of an Orlando convenience store on the afternoon of Dec. 11 when he was pulled over for failing to make a complete stop and driving over the speed limit, according to arrest documents obtained by the newspaper.
    Cpl. Shelby Riggs-Hopkins asked Mr. Rushing to exit the vehicle after learning he was carrying a licensed and concealed firearm, removed the weapon and then questioned him about “a rock like substance on the floor board where his feet were,” the documents read. “I recognized, through my eleven years of training and experience as a law enforcement officer, the substance to be some sort of narcotic,” she wrote.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...pts-arrested-/

Uhhh, a cop failed to recognize doughnut glaze?
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Sweet.

Addicting too.
    What's really bad, is that if the state lab would have incorrectly found it positive for drugs this guy would be in prison.

I am now examining my state's crime lab test methods ... it does not look good for the lab.

Banned
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...de-but-instead

Thread already on this subject ^^^

Merging?

But yeah ... cop already made up his mind in this case ... I'm sure it will not come back to haunt him
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 07-28-2016 at 03:08 PM.

bout an hour late as DM beat ya to the story...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...de-but-instead

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Though I feel sympathy for this person he obviously is not aware of how to avoid jail.

1. He didn't stop completely. Hope he fixes that.
    2. He did not obey the speed limits. Hope he drives more carefully.
    3. He did not do a proper traffic stop where he opens his window just enough to get the documents exchanged.
    3a. He did not keep his mouth shut.
    3b. He volunteered to have the vehicle searched.
    3c. He did not have a dash cam running.
    3d. He did not keep the receipt for his donuts.
    4. He did not have a lawyer on speed dial
    5. He did not call for a sergeant to be brought to the scene when there was a request to search (everyone has this option).

Had he done those simple things, or even just item 3-5 he would not have been jailed and he would not have created work for the crime lab and he would not have called into question the actions of an 11 year veteran LEO.

Shame on him. I think he should give up the idea of suing, he brought this on himself and he should apologize to the officer and he should try to learn some lessons from this.

Banned
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm2SuAPuA38

He was confused ..... like uncle Leo ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    Though I feel sympathy for this person he obviously is not aware of how to avoid jail.

3. He did not do a proper traffic stop where he opens his window just enough to get the documents exchanged.
    5. He did not call for a sergeant to be brought to the scene when there was a request to search (everyone has this option).

Had he done those simple things, or even just item 3-5 he would not have been jailed and he would not have created work for the crime lab and he would not have called into question the actions of an 11 year veteran LEO.

Shame on him. I think he should give up the idea of suing, he brought this on himself and he should apologize to the officer and he should try to learn some lessons from this.
    maverick, sure the driver wasn't stopped cuz dispatch threw out an open call looking for OLDE drug dealers?

strip searching a 64 yo alleged drug dealer...ya i see where an 11 year veteran believes that is necessary...

nothing in the story does it say what happened to the driver's lawfully carried firearm...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    What's really bad, is that if the state lab would have incorrectly found it positive for drugs this guy would be in prison.

I am now examining my state's crime lab test methods ... it does not look good for the lab.
    I thought that crime labs where the places that evidence was manufactured.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    I thought that crime labs where the places that evidence was manufactured.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Well, I have not seen a test method that can be relied upon yet (in my state).

Some cops sure do love them some "based on my training and experience" testifyin'. It reminds me of Officer Friendly who couldn't tell a cheap .22 caliber carbine from a rare and expensive 9mm H&K sub-machinegun.
    http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/201...of-the-police/

Centurion

Sure comes across as blaming the female victim of rape for her being raped!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

So what exactly is the "roadside test" that gave the hall monitors the "evidence" of meth possession so they could arrest him?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

2. He did not obey the speed limits. Hope he drives more carefully. ...
    These two and the stop would (should?) not have happened.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Sure comes across as blaming the female victim of rape for her being raped!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    That's a simple list of things everyone should know and do.

Unless you're saying the female cop raped him, lol.
    Last edited by Maverick9; 07-29-2016 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    These two and the stop would (should?) not have happened.
    Let's keep in mind the same officer who claimed doughnut residue was drug residue claimed the two traffic offenses. She may very well have lied about the roadside test results, if so she is a liar. I hope in court his attorneys demand a drug test using the same testing she used is performed before the judge. IF the tests come back that doughnut icing is not drugs she needs to go to jail.
    It is well that war is so terrible – otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump