Thread: Another gov't failure to actually protect citizens from unlawful detentions - prom

Banned

Another gov't failure to actually protect citizens from unlawful detentions - prom

http://media.ca11.uscourts.gov/opini.../201511441.pdf

Kids missed prom due to being detained.

And I for one do not accept all these school searches. No where in the 4th amendment does it exempt schools. Its made up BS to indoctrinate youngsters to submit to unlawful .gov activities IMO.

Of course, no recourse for these citizens .. qualified immunity for all !

John Wesley Hall comments a bit more intelligibly at http://fourthamendment.com/?p=23170
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

So, the judge or court ruled the 'test-negative' individuals "should have" been free to go, but I don't see any fines or penalties put to the 'testing' individuals which would dissuade them from doing this again and again.

Basically, without a penalty, such a 'ruling' is a waste of everyone's time. They should have at least imposed on the persons responsible a fine of $500 per student to reimburse them partially, and/or the school should have had to produce another prom just for them at the expense of the school (not the taxpayer).

Interesting but an exercise in futility, IMO, unless I missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post
    So, the judge or court ruled the 'test-negative' individuals "should have" been free to go, but I don't see any fines or penalties put to the 'testing' individuals which would dissuade them from doing this again and again.

Basically, without a penalty, such a 'ruling' is a waste of everyone's time. They should have at least imposed on the persons responsible a fine of $500 per student to reimburse them partially, and/or the school should have had to produce another prom just for them at the expense of the school (not the taxpayer).

futility is the 2011 case of the 13yo abq male being a class clown, burbing dur gym, told to go sit in the hallway, continuing burbing, security officer called, boy handcuffed, arrested & taken to jail, and just recently the courts said the arrest was justified and the school officials and security officer are immune from judical repercussions.

grrr, sorry a gym teacher/instructor/whatever lacked the training or capability to be an adult to control their students and the nice le had to respond.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick9 View Post

We don't get one "get out of jail card"...why should .govs. Now if they do it again...well, then we might penalize them.

This judge was a dweeb...anyone who did not know that they essentially kidnapped the kids is a moron.

My school said that it was their rule to search kids going on a field trip and I told them it was my rule to pound anyone who violates my kid's rights ... lets see who's rule prevails. No search happened. These .govs only understand one thing.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Why in the world would they hold a Junior/Senior Prom/Dance from 8:00 P.M. until noon the next day??????

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Why in the world would they hold a Junior/Senior Prom/Dance from 8:00 P.M. until noon the next day??????
    Somebody must have had a typo.

May 3, 2014, from 8:00 P.M.until 12:00 A.M. at the Port St. Lucie Civic Center (“Civic Center”)

12:00AM = midnight, the witching hour.

http://media.ca11.uscourts.gov/opini.../201511441.pdf
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    12:00AM = midnight, the witching hour.
    Nothing good happens after 2400 for Juniors, Seniors, or seniors. If something good is going to happen late at night for a senior, it has happened, as many times as it is going to, by midnight.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Nothing good happens after 2400 for Juniors, Seniors, or seniors. If something good is going to happen late at night for a senior, it has happened, as many times as it is going to, by midnight.
    Many times when I was in high school the dance was till midnight. Shortly after is when things got fun and up close.

Of course as I am close to being a (considered by some to be there) senior, you are dead on correct currently.

Nemo