Thread: National Night Out Tues., Aug 2nd

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

National Night Out Tues., Aug 2nd

Tuesday, Aug 2nd will have many local National Night Out events.

Here is a chance for you to meet and talk to people about the benefits of owning and carrying the means for personal defense. We don't win this war by being silent. I plan on attending at least one of these with GSL stickers and VCDL literature.

Follow the links provided for a detailed list of when and where. Caution: a few of these are in GFZs/schools, most are not.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/32488365/...ea-on-august-2
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-03-2016 at 03:53 PM. Reason: remove exclamation mark
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    You may Google search "Virginia national night out events" to find events all over the state in addition to those noted above.

Get involved - make a difference. This is a hot button topic, fresh in people's minds. Stir the pot......and have fun.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I was invited to man a table at a local private community center. I had no idea it was a national thing. I think I'll wear the big stainless S&W 625 with the red/white/blue grips in its sharkskin holster. I spoke at their residential security seminar last year, but only wore the wood-stocked 1911.

I'll have local laws, info on my training classes, and I also printed out a bunch of 2A-related pamphlets from the Fully Informed Jury Assn.
    Note that if you print these, the back side will be upside down unless you do each side separately: http://fija.org/docs/BR_YYYY_2nd_Admendment.pdf
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Anyone going anywhere in particular tonight? Haven't checked for the open carry dinner thread yet
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.

Quote Originally Posted by The Truth View Post
    Anyone going anywhere in particular tonight? Haven't checked for the open carry dinner thread yet
    the local tv news is jumping down about Durham's national night by showing live coverage as well as videos showing nice LEs dancing, (uh, from the videos a group of them need to dance more often and a bit more strenuously), but it wasn't advertised; the Goldsboro PD had a burp in the local rag back in early June, but nothing else to jog citizen's memory about any activities.

tho it would be interesting to have seen the interaction if citizens showed up OC'g.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Was going to go out with the little one, but little one got tired a little early tonight.
    Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis.

μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator
    So in actuality you have no evidence that anything wrong took place, you only believe that it could be spun to appear wrong. But it hasn't been. The truth has a funny way of coming out with persistence, even if it was spun negatively the truth would find its way because these people will not accept less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    The truth causes some people so much pain they can only respond with impotent laughable insults. Life must be rough for those people.