Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waller County suing private citizen for informing them they're posted improperly

Waller County suing private citizen for informing them they're posted improperly

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/...l-right-carry/

It looks like the County DA is trying to kill the messenger rather than obey the law.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    haha. His gun control rant is hilarious. All of 3 shootings outside courthouses in the past 15 years, but can you imagine the carnage if license holders were permitted inside the building? No, actually, I can't, because that wouldn't make any sense.

Petty and vindictive indeed.

Hoping they are corrected firmly.

I'm assuming the signage being disputed is actually in violation, but even if it is properly posted, I don't believe that justifies this retaliatory lawsuit. The county should simply take up the issue with the AG. They'll be found in violation, in which case they can kick and scream and stomp their feet all they want, or they'll be found not in violation, in which case they can simply go back to and rest in their liberal false sense of safety. Petty and vindictive indeed.
    Advocate freedom please

Banned
    Saved the guy $$$ ... counter-sue the crap out of them for 1st amendment violations and 14th amendment violations and other state law violations, etc.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 08-02-2016 at 05:39 PM.

What is the law in TX regarding courthouse (or buildings which house a courtroom) carry?

How is the suit not a violation of his constitutional rights?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanmills View Post
    Generally, there is immunity associated with the filings and pleading one files in court. But, this is not absolute -- once one starts jammering on about the pleadings then the courts see this as going outside of the court and damages immunity.

Hence, when you file a civil suit beware of your discussions of the case outside of court - it can come and bite you in the arse...which I'm such these idiots did...allowing a counter suit to move forward.

I generally do not speak about civil suits until they have been fully adjudicated.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    What is the law in TX regarding courthouse (or buildings which house a courtroom) carry?
    I believe the deal is courts and their offices are off limits (unless the court authorizes the carry in writing); however, AG opinion is that in a multipurpose building the entire building cannot be posted.

A couple of articles speaking of the law in question and various AG opinions on it
    http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.c...ates-law.html/
    http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/...-carry-rights/
    Advocate freedom please

Awesome question, especially given that he followed the instructions provided by the AG on filing a complaint. He took the extra step of notifying the County that they were in violation and got sued for his trouble.

Banned
    First amendment issue for sure IMO. Retaliation for exercising it.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    I believe the deal is courts and their offices are off limits (unless the court authorizes the carry in writing); however, AG opinion is that in a multipurpose building the entire building cannot be posted.

A couple of articles speaking of the law in question and various AG opinions on it
    http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.c...ates-law.html/
    http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2016/...-carry-rights/
    Thanks kindly.

OCT is going to be protesting at the Waller County Courthouse on the 12th at 1pm, if anyone is interested in joining them.

(Warning, this article and website are pretty stupid)
    http://www.houstonpress.com/news/wal...se-ban-8631232
    According to this article, add up to $100k damages claim to that declaratory judgement request.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 08-04-2016 at 05:52 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

Banned
    Here is where their logic fails.

Police get divorced etc...do they disarm them when they have a case?

Of course not.

And what happens? Total killing sprees, everyday, right?

After Waller County sued Terry Holcomb for filing a complaint, a Texas citizen or two decided they'd remind Waller County about the 1st amendment.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVZi9weC35g Edit: You can safely skip ahead to 6:30

Some words from Terry
    http://cw39.com/2016/08/10/waller-co...ghts-in-texas/

Edit to add:
    Letter from Office of the Attorney General which states that the county has 15 days from receipt of letter to cure the signage violation.
    https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov...Courthouse.pdf
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 08-12-2016 at 09:03 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

Thumbs up

Thank you, C.J, Terry, David, and the rest of the OCT group who slapped those complaints on the Waller County Clerk's desk, and for continuing to do the hard work.
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

1983 suit?

I don't know the exact number, but wouldn't Waller County's action be an attempt at a deprivation of rights, by taking legal action against a citizen who did nothing more than peacefully exercise his First Amendment (and other) rights?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    I don't know the exact number, but wouldn't Waller County's action be an attempt at a deprivation of rights, by taking legal action against a citizen who did nothing more than peacefully exercise his First Amendment (and other) rights?
    I don't think that the USC's sections are meant to incorporate the filing of a civil suit as a deprivation.

Guy needs to counter-sue .. not blab his mouth all over and cry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Guy needs to counter-sue .. not blab his mouth all over and cry about it.
    That's actually funny. Terry "Guy" Holcomb, one of the truly involved grass-roots movers, shakers, and doers in the Texas OC movement has been called a lot of things, but I'm not sure "crying mouth-blabberer" was among them until now. Guess he can finally check that off his list.
    Last edited by TXOC16; 08-15-2016 at 01:25 AM.
    "We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by TXOC16 View Post
    That's actually funny. Terry "Guy" Holcomb, one of the truly involved grass-roots movers, shakers, and doers in the Texas OC movement has been called a lot of things, but I'm not sure "crying mouth-blabberer" was among them until now. Guess he can finally check that off his list.
    I do not see any such name-calling, so I think he'd better keep that check-box cleared for now.

davidmcbeth's delivery may be poor but the general sentiment is fine. I am hoping that Mr. Holcomb will pursue whatever avenues are available, including a counter-suit if that is one of them.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    I do not see any such name-calling, so I think he'd better keep that check-box cleared for now.
    "...not blab his mouth all over and cry about it."

Perhaps one of us should have his reading glasses examined (or look into getting some)?

"...not blab his mouth all over and cry about it."

Perhaps one of us should have his reading glasses examined (or look into getting some)?
    that's name calling in your neck of the woods...really??

whew...that's just saying howdy in rural eastern religious NC...

and you should see how friends greet each other...

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 08-20-2016 at 07:07 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    that's name calling in your neck of the woods...really??

whew...that's just saying howdy in rural eastern religious NC...

and you should see how friends greet each other...
    Although it's likely news to you, "mate," in Texas, we have this marvelously endearing, borderline-obsessive quality of being appropriately respectful of one another. However, in the rare event that we do discover someone who cannot or does not understand our respectful ways (nearly exclusively non-natives), we simply ship them to NC.
    Last edited by TXOC16; 08-21-2016 at 12:39 AM.

Although it's likely news to you, "mate," in Texas, we have this marvelously endearing, borderline-obsessive quality of being appropriately respectful of one another. However, in the rare event that we do discover someone who cannot or does not understand our respectful ways (nearly exclusively non-natives), we simply ship them to NC.
    lad, some left during the beginning of the one of many economic collapses, but i was fortunate enough to always have a couple of bucks in my pockets to ensure they were spent in Gilley's at least several times during the week or to spend while wandering the brand newly opened Galleria. finally watching the oilers practice across the street from where i lived was amazing.

if you are of mind, go watch a very young Travolta in the Urban Cowboy and see what life is really like against your perception of respectful towards one another. (sidebar: the penthouse was truly amazing and the view was extraordinary.)

bottom line, be respectful of those on forums cuz you don't know if they could be related!

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    If there is anything worse than broad brushing, it would be wildly swinging a scatter gun about the room.

Ya never know who might be in line to return fire.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    TXOC16 states his location is the "USA". Yet, from the above he implies he is from Texas. Most of the Texans I know say they are a sovereign nation, meaning Texas. Sounds like TXOC16 is selling us an oxymoron.....

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    ...from where i lived...
    I rest my case.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast