Thread: Prairie dog hunting + open carry

Prairie dog hunting + open carry

I will be visiting Glacier National Park in September and my son, who is 23, is just itching to hunt prairie dogs (because I don't believe MT has wild boar!). I'd be appreciative for any advice or offers of assistance in giving him the opportunity to do so. This is my main reason for posting, however...

To keep this post about OC , I understand that cities can regulate local park carry, but am not sure what else to be aware of.

Thanks very much!

GNP is a bit far west for P dogs one has to go east to the plains. I shot a lot of them in the Miles city area if your in Montana for a short time you might want to look into hiring a outfitter to take you.

I always op carried when I was shooting p dogs.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 08-04-2016 at 06:58 AM.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

About pigs, you are right. There is no established population and import is prohibited.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    GNP is a bit far west for P dogs one has to go east to the plains. I shot a lot of them in the Miles city area if your in Montana for a short time you might want to look into hiring a outfitter to take you.

I always op carried when I was shooting p dogs.
    Thanks very much for the info.

Unfortunately, we're going to be pretty much around the park, flying into Missoula I believe.