• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wearing “Don’t Tread on Me” insignia could be punishable racial harassment

OC for ME

From the court: On January 8, 2014, Complainant filed a formal complaint in which he alleged that the Agency subjected him to discrimination on the basis of race (African American) and in reprisal for prior EEO activity when, starting in the fall of 2013, a coworker (C1) repeatedly wore a cap to work with an insignia of the Gadsden Flag, which depicts a coiled rattlesnake and the phrase “Don’t Tread on Me.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...signia-could-be-punishable-racial-harassment/
Could OCing be discrimination on the basis of race?

twoskinsonemanns

hmmm. Interesting line of thought. I wonder if shooting my "gat" sideways gangsta style may be considered racists by way of cultural appropriation...

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Government control over employers is the SOLE reason I don't have employees. Government is costing people jobs.

If I don't get full control over how you dress/act/talk while I'm paying you, you don't get to work for me. Period.

And I'd easily tolerate people with differing views, too, if it was done respectfully, and without wasting the time I'm paying for.

twoskinsonemanns

Government control over employers is the SOLE reason I don't have employees. Government is costing people jobs.

If I don't get full control over how you dress/act/talk while I'm paying you, you don't get to work for me. Period.

And I'd easily tolerate people with differing views, too, if it was done respectfully, and without wasting the time I'm paying for.

lol don't bother us none. We will just steal half your money and use it to pay those hypothetical employees of yours to stay home.

davidmcbeth

Banned

I doubt you would have any employees willing to accept FULL CONTROL .. LOL

I'll only accept payment in $10 or $50 gold coins .. and I'll take the lowly wage of $100/wk.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
lol don't bother us none. We will just steal half your money and use it to pay those hypothetical employees of yours to stay home.

I must admit, I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

davidmcbeth said:
I doubt you would have any employees willing to accept FULL CONTROL .. LOL

Point taken. Ignore the word "full."

Shovelhead

Jeff Dunham to puppet Super Hero Melvin:
Jeff: Can you stop a speeding bullet?
Melvin: Yeah, once......but it REALLY hurts.

davidmcbeth

Banned
math.jpg
Virginia has vehicle tags like that. I have them on my vehicle.

Nemo

http://imgur.com/a/Op4lu