Thread: REAL ID Act

here nc

REAL ID Act

quote: The following states/territories have an extension, allowing Federal agencies to accept driver's licenses from these states until October 10, 2016:

Alaska Arkansas California Guam Idaho Illinois Kentucky Louisiana Maine Massachusetts Michigan Montana N. Marianas New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York N. Carolina N. Dakota Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Puerto Rico Rhode Island S. Carolina Texas Virginia Virgin Islands

Noncompliant States/Territories without Extensions:
    Am.Samoa Minnesota+ Missouri Washington+ (+ Federal officials may continue to accept Enhanced Driver’s Licenses from these states.)

i can find much hub-bub legalese on real id, but not any type of substance on what the states must do to bring their citizen's DLs into compliance?

the act, outlines the requirements:

(1) The person's full legal name.
    (2) The person's date of birth.
    (3) The person's gender.
    (4) The person's driver's license or identification card number.
    (5) A digital photograph of the person.
    (6) The person's address of principle residence.
    (7) The person's signature.
    (8) Physical security features designed to prevent tampering,
    counterfeiting, or duplication of the document for fraudulent purposes.
    (9) A common machine-readable technology, with defined minimum
    data elements.

but is this part of the act the stumbling block for states reaching compliance?

(B) EVIDENCE OF LAWFUL STATUS or (3) VERIFICATION OF DOCUMENTS or (3) Subject each person applying for a driver's license or identification card to mandatory facial image capture

why am i or should i be concerned with shades of 1984?

Last edited by solus; 08-05-2016 at 08:44 AM.
    The most logically consistent theories are unbelievable. B. Russell

Do not try to bend the spoon, that’s impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth… there is no spoon. Then you will see this is not the spoon that bends. It is only yourself.

To often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. ~John F. Kennedy

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

earth's crust
    The .govs are only reading every email and telephone call you make .... where have you been for the past 20 yrs? LOL

Anyone who gets a real ID .. the ID part is short for idiot.

I have very purposely chosen NOT to get the "real ID." I wonder how much longer that will be tolerated by my benevolent master.

As for ID in general, I still can't understand how ID is required for alcohol, tobacco, and spray paint, but the ghetto is up in arms, pun intended, if they need ID to vote.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip