• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fairfax - corruption in high places

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Va_Nemo

Corruption sneaks in the back door too. Its everywhere. If govt is there, corruption is there.

Nemo

solus

excellent pieces of coincidences purposely left out of the commentary which show the bias the main stream has exhibited for years towards their news reporting.

tks gutshot...

ipse

davidmcbeth

Banned
I would not convict the guy over any drug law violation. Drug laws? Who cares.

I know, its exciting to point to a guy you hate who violated a law that you think is BS. Maybe he signed the law or supported it....

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Forum rule #8??????

In that the thread is state specific and relates to an individual who participates in the hiring of the police chief, and other functions such as zoning laws (where and FFL can be located) et cetera that affect our rights to KABA, it is considered appropriate. When an individual ignores their oath of office in one area, their entire conduct becomes suspect.

We have had similar threads on city councilman, mayors, members of our general assembly and the executive branch. Saw no reason to give this man a free pass.

"Silverthorne did not resist arrest and later gave a full confession."

"If we don’t aim high with our standards for those who represent us, then we get men like Mayor Silverthorne. Think about that when you enter the voting booth this November."
http://eaglerising.com/35722/oh-snap-mayor-arrested-for-trading-meth-for-sex-video/

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
Make no mistake ... I don't think drug related crimes should be crimes. But in the political arena ? Anything goes !

I think a guy wearing ladies clothes is not illegal but if you would want that person in public office is another question.

I rarely am concerned with politicians' misfortunes. :D

Maverick9

Make no mistake ... I don't think drug related crimes should be crimes. But in the political arena ? Anything goes !

I think a guy wearing ladies clothes is not illegal but if you would want that person in public office is another question.

I rarely am concerned with politicians' misfortunes. :D

So you've resigned your position as "chairperson" of the Caitlyn Jenner for State Representative committee?

I'd rather have a person wearing ladies undergarments in public office than a wolf in sheep's clothing. :rolleyes:

solus

So you've resigned your position as "chairperson" of the Caitlyn Jenner for State Representative committee?

I'd rather have a person wearing ladies undergarments in public office than a wolf in sheep's clothing. :rolleyes:

now now maverick...50M up front can make you do a great many things, except perhaps agree to the reconstructive surgery...:uhoh:

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The serious problem IMO is an elected official willing breaking laws that he should be by his very office working to uphold.

I am not much interested in his sexual preference.

Last edited:

MamaLiberty

Why is "corruption" a surprise?

When some people are given power over others, especially against their will, tyranny (and corruption of all kinds) is the inevitable result.

If you give them power over you (generic "you"), and believe they have any legitimate authority to exercise such, why would you then be outraged about their corruption and misuse of that power?

You either own your life and are responsible for it, or you don't. Make up your mind. :)

MamaLiberty

If one gives them power, and believes that they have any legitimate authority ..., why would one then be outraged ...? HTH

What is your question?

You might be willing to give others authority over your life, but it seems obvious that nobody has a right to choose that for anyone else.

None the less... choosing to be ruled by others, not taking full responsibility for oneself and one's family... ultimately leads to the corruption and tyranny we see around us today. There are many other factors, but that becomes the bedrock reason for it.

MamaLiberty

Your "generic you" was awkward and gauche. Hence the HTH. I won't again.

Gauche? As opposed to indicating that my comment applied to any one individual? Oh well.

As for HTH... that could mean anything at all. Just hadn't seen it before. Communication... never going to be easy - not even easy face to face with people we know well. :)

MamaLiberty

the question is valid.
Do they Rule,,, Or Do We Rule!!!

Who is this "we" you speak of? Don't include me in your we, please. I have no wish to rule anyone but myself.

If we want liberty, peace and prosperity, "WE" must be free to rule ourselves and associate voluntarily with those we want to work with for mutual goals. As soon as anyone decides to rule others, against their will, there is war and slavery. Your "we" can choose whatever rulers you please, if any, but you and yours can't choose that for me and mine.

I realize that is a difficult concept for a lot of people to accept, but I hope you will give it some thought. What is it you think politicians should do? And why? For your own benefit? Or to force others to do things - or not do things - "for their own good?" And by what authority?

The only possible authority is by consent of those who are ruled. I know not what others may say, but I do NOT consent.

Sorry for the thread jack... sometimes I can't help but ask these questions. :)

OC for ME

When some people are given power over others, especially against their will, tyranny (and corruption of all kinds) is the inevitable result.

If you give them power over you (generic "you"), and believe they have any legitimate authority to exercise such, why would you then be outraged about their corruption and misuse of that power?

You either own your life and are responsible for it, or you don't. Make up your mind. :)
+1

Corruption has long been ingrained into our American political/legal system.

MamaLiberty

+1

Corruption has long been ingrained into our American political/legal system.

Exactly, which is why I marvel that there are any thinking Americans (indeed, any thinking human beings) who still think that any sort of non-voluntary government will be answerable to them or defend their rights and property. It has never actually happened, and never will.

OC for ME

The judiciary and political class have long been working to make a path to a remedy for wrongs inflicted upon the citizenry a ever rising bar that we must overcome. Example you might ask? The federal tax court, how about judges holding absolute immunity for their judicial acts no matter how egregious those acts may be. LE enjoying ever expanding immunities for conduct that is otherwise unlawful.

It is no wonder that a THREE TERM mayor would think himself untouchable. It is odd that not a single soul in government knew of his antics prior to this incident...yeah, and I have cousin who lives in Nigeria who owes you some money.