Thread: Facebook Quietly Expands Ban on Private Firearms Ads to Include Licensed Gun Dealers

Facebook Quietly Expands Ban on Private Firearms Ads to Include Licensed Gun Dealers

Was there already someone here who didn't know that Facebook was anti-gun, anti-American, anti-freedom?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Was there already someone here who didn't know that Facebook was anti-gun, anti-American, anti-freedom?
    actually while embarrassed to admit i didn't know FB was.X, Y, Z.

the biggest concept to remember is I don't care since i have never even thought about participating in this venue.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 08-05-2016 at 06:25 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

I imagine half of the 'inactive' OCDO users have retired to FB snowflake heaven, and all of them from Wisconsin.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Our local FB gun trader moved to MeWe.com
    Great social media site that seems to care about privacy and freedom.
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by twoskinsonemanns View Post
    Our local FB gun trader moved to MeWe.com
    Great social media site that seems to care about privacy and freedom.
    Thanks for the heads up on that. I like what I see.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Yes indeed!

https://blog.mewe.com/facebooks-poli...-intelligence/

Elsewhere:
    Some of you may be aware of MeWe's recent change in access to certain gun Groups. MeWe has hidden some of these gun Groups, ostensibly to protect MeWe from liability. In the words of an alleged MeWe employee "Laura@mewe.com", the following was submitted by MeWe user Bo Hunter on a MeWe Universal Group thread as the reason given to him for the hiding of gun Groups:
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-06-2016 at 08:54 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Elsewhere:

Some of you may be aware of MeWe's recent change in access to certain gun Groups. MeWe has hidden some of these gun Groups, ostensibly to protect MeWe from liability. In the words of an alleged MeWe employee "Laura@mewe.com", the following was submitted by MeWe user Bo Hunter on a MeWe Universal Group thread as the reason given to him for the hiding of gun Groups:
    At what link can one find the "Elsewhere" quote?

I think that would be a VERY interesting read.

"His name is Chuck Rossi, and he’s a director of engineering at Facebook.

He’s also one of the company’s most prominent gun enthusiasts, who, by his own account, has trained hundreds of fellow employees to shoot pistols. More recently, Rossi has taken on a new, unofficial, role: advocate for gun groups on Facebook.

For months, Rossi has harnessed his technical expertise and internal connections to help gun groups get reinstated after they were shut down for violating Facebook’s new ban on gun sales. This has put Rossi at the epicenter of a behind-the-scenes battle between gun enthusiasts and proponents of comprehensive background checks, who have been busy reporting to Facebook groups that appear to violate the company’s policy. ..."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mattdran.../#5acfa18e3cb3
    Last edited by BB62; 08-06-2016 at 11:19 PM.

it's not just firearms solely, you can't even sell anything with the word GUN in it, from a nail gun to a paintball gun.