• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Facebook Quietly Expands Ban on Private Firearms Ads to Include Licensed Gun Dealers

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Was there already someone here who didn't know that Facebook was anti-gun, anti-American, anti-freedom?

solus

Was there already someone here who didn't know that Facebook was anti-gun, anti-American, anti-freedom?

actually while embarrassed to admit i didn't know FB was.X, Y, Z.

the biggest concept to remember is I don't care since i have never even thought about participating in this venue.

ipse

Last edited:

twoskinsonemanns

Our local FB gun trader moved to MeWe.com
Great social media site that seems to care about privacy and freedom.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Our local FB gun trader moved to MeWe.com
Great social media site that seems to care about privacy and freedom.
Thanks for the heads up on that. I like what I see.
icon14.png

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
Elsewhere:

Some of you may be aware of MeWe's recent change in access to certain gun Groups. MeWe has hidden some of these gun Groups, ostensibly to protect MeWe from liability. In the words of an alleged MeWe employee "Laura@mewe.com", the following was submitted by MeWe user Bo Hunter on a MeWe Universal Group thread as the reason given to him for the hiding of gun Groups:
At what link can one find the "Elsewhere" quote?

I think that would be a VERY interesting read.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
"His name is Chuck Rossi, and he’s a director of engineering at Facebook.

He’s also one of the company’s most prominent gun enthusiasts, who, by his own account, has trained hundreds of fellow employees to shoot pistols. More recently, Rossi has taken on a new, unofficial, role: advocate for gun groups on Facebook.

For months, Rossi has harnessed his technical expertise and internal connections to help gun groups get reinstated after they were shut down for violating Facebook’s new ban on gun sales. This has put Rossi at the epicenter of a behind-the-scenes battle between gun enthusiasts and proponents of comprehensive background checks, who have been busy reporting to Facebook groups that appear to violate the company’s policy. ..."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mattdra...n-brings-gun-groups-back-online/#5acfa18e3cb3

Last edited:

Ezek

it's not just firearms solely, you can't even sell anything with the word GUN in it, from a nail gun to a paintball gun.