Thread: Ballot referendums to repeal Calfornia gun control laws could be game changer

Moderator / Administrator

Ballot referendums to repeal Calfornia gun control laws could be game changer

http://www.guns.com/2016/08/05/ballo...-gaining-steam

SNIP

The organizer behind a grassroots effort to repeal a host of new gun control measures signed into law by California Gov. Jerry Brown says they will begin circulating petitions next week.

As previously reported, San Diego businessman Barry Bahrami filed paperwork with the Secretary of State’s office on July 15 to repeal a half-dozen new laws signed by Gov. Jerry Brown earlier this month. The laws are set to take effect in 2017, but Bahrami and his fellow Second Amendment activists are planning to short circuit that from happening with the power of the ballot.

Last week Attorney General Kamala Harris’ office issued titles and summaries to the six proposals, clearing the path for petitions to circulate, and Bahrami says everything is ramping up for that to happen.

“We have more than 1,600 volunteers and 300 locations all over California who have signed up to participate in this effort. Petitions are now printing and we anticipate starting a massive petition drive around August 12th,”

. . .

Banned
    Oh my, someone thinks that democracy is good. The sheeple will not vote to protect their rights as they are more than happy to give them up.

The already have the RKBA today IMO.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Oh my, someone thinks that democracy is good. The sheeple will not vote to protect their rights as they are more than happy to give them up.

The already have the RKBA today IMO.
    If I recall, California is one of a very few states with no RKBA in its state constitution.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    If I recall, California is one of a very few states with no RKBA in its state constitution.
    Its not needed. Does everything need to be codified? Do I need a law to be able to swallow my food?

But what if...............

I think if we lived in a society wherein the gov't must write a law for everything we can do (vs. prohibitive laws) then over time we would become more free.

'cause these politicians only live to pass laws and every law would make a new thing legal to do...until everything is legal.