Thread: TRUMP: Maybe ‘Second Amendment People’ Could Stop Clinton From Picking Judges

TRUMP: Maybe ‘Second Amendment People’ Could Stop Clinton From Picking Judges

Trump said at a rally in Wilmington, North Carolina, on Tuesday that if Clinton gets to pick federal judges as president, there is nothing that can be done to protect the right to bear arms. But then he adds without elaboration that maybe supporters of the Second Amendment could figure out a way.

“By the way if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don’t know,” Trump said.
    [ ... ]
    The Clinton campaign said in a statement, “This is simple — what Trump is saying is dangerous. A person seeking to be the President of the United States should not suggest violence in any way.”
    [ ... ]
    Trump senior communications adviser Jason Miller told CBS News’ Major Garrett the accusations the GOP nominee was calling for violence are “completely ridiculous.”

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/08/...ond-amendment/
    John Birch Society former President Larry McDonald reminded US of our citizens' repair boxes, the soapbox, the jury box, the ballot box and the cartridge box, in Jamie L. Carson; Gregory Koger; Matthew J. Lebo; Everett Young (2010). "The Electoral Costs of Party Loyalty in Congress". American Journal of Political Science. 54 (3): 598–616. doi:10.1111/j.1540-5907.2010.00449.x
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-09-2016 at 05:27 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    If Trump said the sun was shining brightly his enemies would accuse him of wanting everybody to get skin cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    If Trump said the sun was shining brightly his enemies would accuse him of wanting everybody to get skin cancer.
    Just so.

Though not only his enemies. TRUMP the establishment. TRUMP the snowflakes. TRUMP 2016

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    Actually, if you think about it, it's like that old joke.

The answer is, of course, America.

Pray for a tragic plane crash before Halloween.
    If I may, I should like to heave in a historical observation.

Julius Caesar was assassinated for trying to become a dictator of Rome. Whether he deserved it is a matter for debate. Here is the important point: Julius Caesar recognized the Roman Constitution was dead. That's right--the Roman republic (before the emperors) had a constitution. It was not a single document like ours; it was a series of laws across time that imposed impediments and restrictions on the government.

Julius Caesar correctly (in my view) estimated that the Roman constitution was dead--too many ignored it. Thus, he made his play for power.

I see too many similarities today.

It is almost too predictable--that sooner or later a two-party system imposed by manipulation--is going to hand us such a mess as we have today.

Really? Trump and Hillary are our choices? Really? On the one hand, what a disappointment. On the other, what is the surprise?
    Last edited by Citizen; 08-10-2016 at 12:43 AM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Well said.

The record of Rome is very accessible in its contemporary historiographers. That it is no longer read as primary education is a great loss, as noted by George Santayana, "Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." (The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, Vol. 1 Reason in Common Sense http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/15000 )

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Well said.

The record of Rome is very accessible in its contemporary historiographers. That it is no longer read as primary education is a great loss, as noted by George Santayana, "Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. When change is absolute there remains no being to improve and no direction is set for possible improvement: and when experience is not retained, as among savages, infancy is perpetual. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." (The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, Vol. 1 Reason in Common Sense http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/15000 )
    So, are you saying that history is doom to repeat itself? And I hope I'm not accused of plagiarism.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    So, are you saying that history is doom to repeat itself? And I hope I'm not accused of plagiarism.
    never CoL, as the term is in colloquial language

patton has stated: quote:

"A man must know his destiny. if he does not recognize it, then he is lost. By this I mean, once, twice, or at the very most, three times, fate will reach out and tap a man on the shoulder. if he has the imagination, he will turn around and fate will point out to him what fork in the road he should take, if he has the guts, he will take it." unquote
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain