Thread: Three Times Gold Medal, Kim Rhode, Olympic shooter, takes aim at U.S. gun laws

Three Times Gold Medal, Kim Rhode, Olympic shooter, takes aim at U.S. gun laws

“I shoot 500 to 1,000 rounds a day, so having to do a background check every time I purchase ammo, or every time I want to bring ammo in or out of a competition or a match, those are very challenging for me,”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...m-us-gun-laws/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Beats me as to why she still resides in California, but I do not know her personal circumstances/reasons for still living there.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

read this earlier today on original site

Sounds like a cool chick and a great mom. OOps did I offend? don't care. sorry tess, know you are not a chick.

Equally as interesting, if she medals, she is the first person to win medals in 6 Olympics, I think it said.

Wonder why NeverBeenCorrect is not touting her accomplishments.

Big media is absolutely sickening.

Great quote: "We have that stigma attached to our sport,” she told Time. “When you are talking to a NASCAR driver, they’re not asked to comment on an incident that occurred with a vehicle.”
    Last edited by riverrat10k; 08-13-2016 at 01:33 AM.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by riverrat10k View Post
    Sounds like a cool chick and a great mom. OOps did I offend? don't care. sorry tess, know you are not a chick.

Equally as interesting, if she medals, she is the first person to win medals in 6 Olympics, I think it said.

Wonder why NeverBeenCorrect is not touting her accomplishments.

Big media is absolutely sickening.

Great quote: "We have that stigma attached to our sport,” she told Time. “When you are talking to a NASCAR driver, they’re not asked to comment on an incident that occurred with a vehicle.”
    "The 37-year-old American won a medal for her sixth consecutive Olympics on Friday, capturing bronze in the skeet shooting event at the Olympic Shooting Center."

"Rhode has become an outspoken defendant of the second amendment in the United States. In a news conference before the start of the Games, Rhode spoke out about what it meant to her."

“We should have the right to keep and bear arms, to protect ourselves and our family,” she said. “The second amendment was put in there not just so we can go shoot skeet or go shoot trap. It was put in so we could defend our first amendment, the freedom of speech, and also to defend ourselves against our own government.”
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ting/88619694/
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-13-2016 at 07:13 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    "The 37-year-old American won a medal for her sixth consecutive Olympics on Friday, capturing bronze in the skeet shooting event at the Olympic Shooting Center."

"Rhode has become an outspoken defendant of the second amendment in the United States. In a news conference before the start of the Games, Rhode spoke out about what it meant to her."

“We should have the right to keep and bear arms, to protect ourselves and our family,” she said. “The second amendment was put in there not just so we can go shoot skeet or go shoot trap. It was put in so we could defend our first amendment, the freedom of speech, and also to defend ourselves against our own government.”
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...ting/88619694/
    Clearly not a member of the Libertarian Party (or someone who follows the party line on guns). "We should..." wrong. We DO.