• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How the US Military Would Put Down an Armed Rebellion

solus

please since9, go blame ted turner instead of the internet who started the craze not facilitated it...

history lesson 101...who is in the history books right now for:

the six day war? Israel ask them!!

the gulf war? certainly wasn't the US with this costly war!!

the Russian invasion of Afghanistan...tail between their legs after 10 years

the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan, Southeast Asia, Iraq..certainly hasn't be the U.S.

Erdoğan, as Turkish history is being written is the clear winner of the coup as he marches his plan to turn the country of Türkiye from a modern democracy to another Islamic state like Iran.

news break from the crap started by turner which is facilitated by the internet, quote: EXCLUSIVE/ Two independent sources told EurActiv.com that the US has started transferring nuclear weapons stationed in Turkey to Romania, against the background of worsening relations between Washington and Ankara. unquote. http://www.euractiv.com/section/global-europe/news/us-moves-nuclear-weapons-from-turkey-to-romania/

sorry, those who won wrote history.

have you looked at history's recording of the fall of the Berlin Wall? not David Hasselhoff, not the U.S, not the Soviets, not the Europeans...GDR is given credit for the fall of the Berliner Mauer

and they do not, as a governmental entity exist!

ipse

Ezek

No, it doesn't. The items on your list are prime examples, prima facia evidence that your claim of "they who win write the history of how it went down" is no longer valid. Each and every one of these has been written about endlessly from all sides, not merely the side of the winners:

Exactly. The Internet doesn't provide objectivity. Rather, it provides hyper-perspective. For example, one can read about Putin and the Ukraine from many different perspectives, conducting additional research to determine what's fact and what's hogwash, while making up one's own damned mind while utterly rejecting, with reason, the perspective of the winner (or faction in power) as reflected in mainstream media.

Not any more, and continuing to claim this new falsehood as truth does not make it true. Neither do triple exclamation points.

Of course the Internet's involved. That's the point, solus.

In fact, "A majority of U.S. adults – 62% – get news on social media, and 18% do so often, according to a new survey by Pew Research Center, conducted in association with the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation. In 2012, based on a slightly different question, 49% of U.S. adults reported seeing news on social media." (Gottfied, J. and Shearer, E. (May 26, 2016). "News Use Across Social Media Platforms 2016." Journalism & Media, PewResearch Center. Retrieved from: http://www.journalism.org/2016/05/26/news-use-across-social-media-platforms-2016/. Link.

Yes, one can find every opinion under the Sun on the Internet. But one also finds opinions ranging from heavily slanted to outright lies on mainstream media. The difference is that when someone listens to mainstream media, they rarely double-check (vet) the claims, whereas when I see a claim on the Internet, I check it with multiple sources of proven reliability, such as the Pew Research Center, the reference for the preceding quote.

The same can be said for the Internet as for mainstream media: Trust nothing; vet everything.

internet is being handed over to ICANN, multi national company, internet not likely to provide outside input that is easy to find without going under/subnet. expect very censored material in the future.

solus

Key word here is "won" as in "paste tense."

Not any more.

Thanks for proving my point by citing a perfect example that occurred prior to any appreciable use of the Internet.

I rest my case.

ok, whatever the devil those comments mean...if your mind perceives this as acceptable...you're right...

ipse

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
That's not what the NRA-ILA says. They were the ones who secured that favorable court decision: "The city dragged its feet in returning confiscated firearms to their lawful owners. However, NRA persisted until 2008, when NRA and New Orleans came to a settlement in which the city agreed to carry out an acceptable procedure for returning the firearms. The agreement allowed owners to get back their guns without documented proof of ownership, which many residents were understandably unable to provide."

Link.

Do you have any objective evidence that supports your claim that "most did not get their guns back?"
From the NRA article:
August 29th marks the 10-year anniversary of when Hurricane Katrina struck New Orleans, La. The memory of the devastation wrought by the storm and the resulting chaos is a human tragedy of such a vast scale that it endures to this day; and will well beyond. Further, the measures taken to disarm law-abiding firearm owners in Katrina’s wake should serve as a testament to why gun owners guard our right to bear arms so vigilantly.
"[W]hy gun owners guard our right to bear arms so vigilantly" - What? Vigilantly? Are they serious? Those owners didn't put up a fight. I didn't hear about blood running in the streets, or I should say the waters running red. Not one word about my cold dead hands.

Ill say it again, 99% of gun owners will turnover their guns when ordered to do so. And without a fight.

I'm just say'n......

davidmcbeth

Banned
From the NRA article:

"[W]hy gun owners guard our right to bear arms so vigilantly" - What? Vigilantly? Are they serious? Those owners didn't put up a fight. I didn't hear about blood running in the streets, or I should say the waters running red. Not one word about my cold dead hands.

Ill say it again, 99% of gun owners will turnover their guns when ordered to do so. And without a fight.

I'm just say'n......

That's correct. And I recall one military unit that recognized that what they were ordered to do was wrong and refused to do it. But they did not try to stop other units from stealing people's guns.

Why do you think the Army went to houses with local LEOs? Simple: if resistance was encountered the LEOs would run away, leaving soldiers to follow their orders.

Folks are likely still slapping those soldiers who stole the guns on the back... "Thanks for your service! You fight to keep us free!". P-L-E-E-E-E-A-S-E

Katrina was a "dry run" for future gun confiscations. Hopefully next time a lot of blood is left on people's door steps. The blood of both patriots and tyrants are required to be spilled for freedom.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
To maintain freedom blood has to run in the streets. Governments don't understand anything less.

First Amendment
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
This is the proverbial shot across the bow.

When the government fails to take notice then the Second Amendment comes into play.

1245A Defender

Yes!!

That's correct. And I recall one military unit that recognized that what they were ordered to do was wrong and refused to do it. But they did not try to stop other units from stealing people's guns.

Why do you think the Army went to houses with local LEOs? Simple: if resistance was encountered the LEOs would run away, leaving soldiers to follow their orders.

Folks are likely still slapping those soldiers who stole the guns on the back... "Thanks for your service! You fight to keep us free!". P-L-E-E-E-E-A-S-E

Katrina was a "dry run" for future gun confiscations. Hopefully next time a lot of blood is left on people's door steps. The blood of both patriots and tyrants are required to be spilled for freedom.

To maintain freedom blood has to run in the streets. Governments don't understand anything less.

First Amendment

This is the proverbial shot across the bow.

When the government fails to take notice then the Second Amendment comes into play.

True...
Quotes to understand,, learn from, pay attention to.

Some day, maybe their will be blood on your porch...
Will it be your's,,, will it be their's,,, Will it be our's?????

Ezek

Evidently YOU don't know just what the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers - ICANN - does, and I am not going to enlighten YOU.

Here is a tangential post of mine and the response by EYEO author of my browser.

must be mad lately cause someone ****** in his cheerios.

or is suffering from *** Syndrome. i'll let you figure what that one means.

Last edited by a moderator:

CDT COX

Citizens would absolutely destroy the military in an armed conflict.

Va_Nemo

The more discussion of things like this sometimes makes me less unhappy having to sell my collection to cover scripts and meds and all that stuff. I guess if the Army wants the last one, that old single barrel break open 20ga I will have to let them take it.

Nemo

Last edited: