• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Crabtree Valley Mall - Shots fired

Va_Nemo

Quote Originally Posted by Va_Nemo View Post
Source of article, info, pics? Citation please.

Va_Nemo

uh, hummm, did you miss post five's fotos i posted.

seems ABC11 (link in my preceding post on the initial subject matter) changed their story and deleted the commentary on camo dressed LG carrying individual who showed up to assist the police.

however, al gore's invention is alive and well and several keystrokes later, lo and behold: http://wncn.com/2016/08/13/armed-ma...tained-at-crabtree-valley-mall-witnesses-say/

ipse

I saw those pics you posted. I was not asking for pics. You had those there. But no citation. Thats why I was asking for the source of pics. Along with the source for the rest of it.

Nemo

WalkingWolf

quote: On Monday, ABC11 spoke with a Fayetteville man who was at Crabtree on Saturday and said he saw a man with a gun. Investigators have interviewed him. He said they told him that the gunman he and others saw was a man with a conceal-carry permit who pulled his weapon after hearing the noises. It appeared police may have found the man with a gun and talked to him. unquote.

http://abc11.com/news/questions-remain-after-weekend-chaos-at-crabtree/1469672/

now that's what i would do in a mall, hear noise(s), draw my firearm, and....?

but the nice investigating LEs didn't see said individual w/drawn firearm on the cams which have been described and seeing every square inch of the interior.

the smell from crabtree mall is getting strong...

ipse

I might be wrong but I believe Crabtree is posted on the mall doors, though it is not the traditional gun buster sign. Instead it is a small black on the darkened windows, if it is like CrossCreek Mall. I think they are run by the same corporation.

bc.cruiser

Solus' pics

These photos were taken from the mall side at the intersection of Creedmore and the Macy's/Arhaus entrance. The building across the street is AtlanticBT.

OC for ME

good Samaritan showed up dressed in camo w/his long rifle to 'help police' during the mall situation...

seems the police didn't want his help...what so ever as shown in the photo...

ipse
No good deed shall go unpunished!

PR...as in the good kind...right? Poor optics are clearly not in the SOP's manual for the local yokels.

solus

The Raleigh Police Department said in a news release Thursday that it hasn't found any indication the noise was a gunshot, as witnesses described. But it also hasn't been able to rule out the possibility.

A recording of the noise from Saturday has been sent to an FBI lab for analysis, but it's not clear when the testing will be complete.

Investigators have reviewed video from the mall, canvassed each store and examined ceiling holes that turned out not to be bullet holes.

http://www.witn.com/content/news/Ra...ed-inside-Crabtree-Valley-Mall-390082812.html

which is legit after citizens spent almost a million to crack an IPhone in San Bernardino ...and discovered nada...

ipse

dmatting

What I find particularly disturbing about the whole thing was the absurdly cowardly reactions by a number of morons who were interviewed by these sham news outlets. I understand that this was exactly what they were looking for and most likely culled out any interviews of rational people, but still. These people were blubbering messes. Very pathetic. Oh, and I don't have any links - I saw it on the tv 'news'

solus

stuff what urban myths are made from...

'day the whiz bang gang attacked our local mall...'

ipse

davidmcbeth

Banned
What I find particularly disturbing about the whole thing was the absurdly cowardly reactions by a number of morons who were interviewed by these sham news outlets. I understand that this was exactly what they were looking for and most likely culled out any interviews of rational people, but still. These people were blubbering messes. Very pathetic. Oh, and I don't have any links - I saw it on the tv 'news'

Well, I know you're right about culling out interviews and showing just what they want their view-ship to see. I have been interviewed on many occasions but for some reason the commie media did not put any of my interviews onto the TV.

They hate America. Once you know that, you are better off.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The Raleigh Police Department said in a news release Thursday that it hasn't found any indication the noise was a gunshot, as witnesses described. But it also hasn't been able to rule out the possibility.

<snip>

anything-is-possible-racquel-morgan.jpg

solus

their 15 minutes of fame...

quote: That response was greatly influenced by terrorist attacks and other mass shootings in the United States and abroad, two Triangle psychologists said this week. “Now that these events have happened in rapid succession, people respond to what could happen,” said Raleigh psychologist...

a professor emeritus of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at Duke University, said he was “not at all surprised” by how shoppers and employees reacted at Crabtree the day gunshots were reported. “Human beings are basically herd animals,” who said the response was akin to the behavior of meerkats who think they are facing danger. “If one goes for cover, the whole group will follow,” he said.

both said the report of gunfire at the mall was complicated by recent terror attacks in Nice, France, and here in the United States. A consequence of those attacks is that people begin to think such an attack can happen where they live.

“But the danger at the mall is much more terrifying because it is less familiar,” he said. “We overestimate the risk of terrorists, more than accidents around the house or owning a gun. There are thousands of gun deaths and far fewer terrorist deaths, but people are more afraid of terrorism than they are of guns.”

unquote

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article97906297.html#storylink=cpy

and the web spinners continue their task(s)...

ipse

Last edited: