Thread: Peruta v. San Diego Full Court Petitions Denied.

Regular Member California Right To Carry's Avatar

Peruta v. San Diego Full Court Petitions Denied.

Update August 15, 2016 by Charles Nichols – President of California Right To Carry – FULL COURT PETITION DENIED. Now we wait for the mandate to issue (7 to 30 days from August 15, 2016) at which point this case is over as far as the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals is concerned. All that is left for the plaintiffs is to file a cert petition with the US Supreme Court which will be denied.

The following transaction was entered on 08/15/2016 at 1:24:41 PM PDT and filed on 08/15/2016

Case Name: Edward Peruta, et al v. County of San Diego, et al
    Case Number: 10-56971

Docket Text:
    Filed order (SIDNEY R. THOMAS) The full court was advised of appellants’ petitions for full court en banc rehearing (Docket Entry Nos. [334] and [335]). A judge requested a vote on whether to rehear the matter en banc by the full court. The matter failed to receive a majority of the votes of the nonrecused active judges in favor of full court en banc consideration. Fed. R. App. P. 35. Accordingly, the petitions for full court en banc rehearing (Docket Entry Nos. [334] and [335]) are denied. In No. 10-56971, appellants’ motion for leave to file a reply brief (Docket Entry No. [344]) is denied as moot. [10087152] [10-56971, 11-16255] (OC)

http://blog.californiarighttocarry.org/?page_id=4712
    Concealed carry is of no use to me, I don't carry a purse.

Charles Nichols – President of California Right To Carry
    http://CaliforniaRightToCarry.org

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by California Right To Carry View Post
    Update August 15, 2016 by Charles Nichols – President of California Right To Carry – FULL COURT PETITION DENIED. Now we wait for the mandate to issue (7 to 30 days from August 15, 2016) at which point this case is over as far as the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals is concerned. All that is left for the plaintiffs is to file a cert petition with the US Supreme Court which will be denied.
    And yet again it is a shame to see a supposed, and claimed supporter of RKBA pleased to see a pro-RKBA suit failing.

I do not understand why some folks seem to think that being pro-OC should equate to being hostile to CC or vice-versa.

Would that advancing our lawful ability to carry firearms for an effective self-defense were more important than personal ego.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    I am amused by postings that lack any information that would supply the casual reader what the hell they are talking about.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    I am amused by postings that lack any information that would supply the casual reader what the hell they are talking about.
    I think that if one so desires, one can click the linked page for more info ... most have been watching.

And I agree with utbagpiper ... both OC and CC are equally protected under our natural rights.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    i am fascinated the forum's soapbox is being used as a medium podium...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I think that if one so desires, one can click the linked page for more info ... most have been watching.

And I agree with utbagpiper ... both OC and CC are equally protected under our natural rights.
    So, one clicked and read:
    This is a huge victory for the Second Amendment in California. Whether this concession has any effect on concealed carry remains to be seen as ALL of the parties say that there is no right to carry a weapon concealed in public and if there is no right to concealed carry then it does not matter what restrictions are placed on Open Carry. If there is no concealed carry right then there is no concealed carry right. End of story.
    Based on that the above quote I guess the world has been saved. I'm returning to regular programing.