Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Dallas police officer arrests guy for having body armor and green-tip ammo?

  1. #1
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318

    Dallas police officer arrests guy for having body armor and green-tip ammo?

    Apparently: Cop said it's illegal to have body armor unless you are LEO or military. Cop said green-tip ammo is illegal. Cop said "federal law trumps state law." Cop said lawyers rarely know the law (implies cops usually do).

    Cop should not be cop. He is egregiously unqualified.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4hk...ature=youtu.be
    Advocate freedom please

  2. #2
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Who in TX will inform that cop's chain of command?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Apparently: Cop said it's illegal to have body armor unless you are LEO or military. Cop said green-tip ammo is illegal. Cop said "federal law trumps state law." Cop said lawyers rarely know the law (implies cops usually do).

    Cop should not be cop. He is egregiously unqualified.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4hk...ature=youtu.be
    OMG ... what a laugh. I was stopped at my state's captiol bldg while wearing body armor and metal plating .... after about 1/2hr of scratching their heads and asking me questions I refused to answer, they let me pass their illegal checkpoint searches.

    Now I always wear it and object while people can hear my complaints !

    I have a lawsuit pending relating to the illegal checkpoints of course !

    They really hate me at the capitol .... Americans love me, .govs hate me. I'm fine with that.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Who in TX will inform that cop's chain of command?
    Deal with this before a jury, not before a .gov. IMO, my advice.

    I would suggest he file a notice of trespass and no contact order with the agency too....just my advice..free to ignore.

  5. #5
    Regular Member F350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The High Plains of Wyoming
    Posts
    1,030
    Hope the guy takes legal action and then enjoys his early retirement.

  6. #6
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    OMG ... what a laugh. I was stopped at my state's captiol bldg while wearing body armor and metal plating .... after about 1/2hr of scratching their heads and asking me questions I refused to answer, they let me pass their illegal checkpoint searches.

    Now I always wear it and object while people can hear my complaints !

    I have a lawsuit pending relating to the illegal checkpoints of course !

    They really hate me at the capitol .... Americans love me, .govs hate me. I'm fine with that.
    Audio/video?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  7. #7
    Regular Member hammer6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,169
    since when does federal law trump state law?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

    it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

  8. #8
    Regular Member F350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The High Plains of Wyoming
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    since when does federal law trump state law?
    OH I don't know, maybe since September 1787....


    Article VI, Paragraph 2 of the Constitution is commonly referred to as the Supremacy Clause. It establishes that the federal constitution, and federal law generally, take precedence over state laws, and even state constitutions.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,277
    The Supremacy Clause (1940)

    The clause in article VI of the U.S.Constitution declaring that the constitution, all laws made in furtherance of the constitution, and all treaties made under the authority of the United States are the "Supreme law of the land" and enjoy legal superiority over any conflicting provisions of a state constitution of law.

    Cite Black's Law Dictionary 9th ed

    See Cooper v Aaron U.S. 358 Supreme court (1958)

    Regards
    CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

  10. #10
    Regular Member WalkingWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    12,279
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    OH I don't know, maybe since September 1787....


    Article VI, Paragraph 2 of the Constitution is commonly referred to as the Supremacy Clause. It establishes that the federal constitution, and federal law generally, take precedence over state laws, and even state constitutions.
    As long as the laws are inline with the constitution.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

  11. #11
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    Hmm, maybe I made a boo-boo regarding supremacy of laws. Still, the guy apparently didn't violate any law, local, state, or federal, so the cop still appears sufficiently incompetent to criticize to me.
    Advocate freedom please

  12. #12
    Regular Member F350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The High Plains of Wyoming
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Hmm, maybe I made a boo-boo regarding supremacy of laws. Still, the guy apparently didn't violate any law, local, state, or federal, so the cop still appears sufficiently incompetent to criticize to me.
    Oh I agree there were NO laws broken and that dip (stick) sergeant needs busted to patrolman if not fired and sued personally as well as in his official capacity and every day shift supervisor up to and including the chief needs to be sued. Hope the guy has a happy retirement!

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Oh I agree there were NO laws broken and that dip (stick) sergeant needs busted to patrolman if not fired and sued personally as well as in his official capacity and every day shift supervisor up to and including the chief needs to be sued. Hope the guy has a happy retirement!
    Why not argue kidnapping ? Stopping a person's progress from point a to point b ....?

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,277
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Oh I agree there were NO laws broken and that dip (stick) sergeant needs busted to patrolman if not fired and sued personally as well as in his official capacity and every day shift supervisor up to and including the chief needs to be sued. Hope the guy has a happy retirement!

    I concur, I see a 42 section 1983 suit for that gentleman.. The officer and any and all other LEO that stood by and did nothing should also be held accountable..

    My .02
    Regards

    CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

  15. #15
    Regular Member F350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The High Plains of Wyoming
    Posts
    1,030
    Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    I concur, I see a 42 section 1983 suit for that gentleman.. The officer and any and all other LEO that stood by and did nothing should also be held accountable..

    My .02
    Regards

    CCJ
    1983, 1985 & 1986

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    nj
    Posts
    3,277
    Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    1983, 1985 & 1986
    Indeed! + 100000000
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •