Thread: A very pro RKBA restaurant manager

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

A very pro RKBA restaurant manager

Some of you may remember Christy Contrell who was the dining room manager at Golden Corral on Providence Rd up until several years ago when she left to become the manager of Carrabbus Italian Grill on Midlothian. I thought the deal she said was offered was too good to be true - turns out I was right.

She is now the dining room manager at the newest Golden Corral in Colonial Heights. She has invited us to have an OC breakfast there soon. Told me that she sees a lot of OCers there and of course they are close to Ft. Lee.

It's not that much of a drive for central Virginian's - it's as close time wise as Rise & Shine Diner. I see this as being part of the Greater Richmond Metropolitan Area.

She won't be working this Sat. morning, so it will have to be another weekend........soon.

Golden Corral
    2501 Conduit Avenue, Colonial heights, Va. - very near the Temple Ave exit on I-95
    https://www.mapquest.com/us/virginia...corral-2940794
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-19-2016 at 08:03 PM. Reason: fixed location
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Sounds good to me...,

not exactly just down the street, but sometimes it's nice to stop by and say thanks to folks who have been supportive of us in the past, and keep those connections.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29:11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Maybe Colonial Heights? I don't think Hopewell has a GC.

Quote Originally Posted by tritonguy View Post
    Maybe Colonial Heights? I don't think Hopewell has a GC.
    Good catch - thank you.

Indeed, it is the GC in Colonial Heights. Amended the OP.

It is at the intersection of Temple Avenue and Conduit Road, just before Southpark Mall/shopping center.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-19-2016 at 08:09 PM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

I've been crap at making breakfast in the last month or two, but I would make the drive. Not a fan of GC, but I've always thought it was a great place to have an OC breakfast.
    In our quest for knowledge we must be prepared for and armed against misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    I've been crap at making breakfast in the last month or two, but I would make the drive. Not a fan of GC, but I've always thought it was a great place to have an OC breakfast.
    It's true that when you snoze, you lose. Yet, you seem to enjoy the food and accompaning conversation a lot.

Resolve the issue and just do it.