• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A very pro RKBA restaurant manager

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Some of you may remember Christy Contrell who was the dining room manager at Golden Corral on Providence Rd up until several years ago when she left to become the manager of Carrabbus Italian Grill on Midlothian. I thought the deal she said was offered was too good to be true - turns out I was right.

She is now the dining room manager at the newest Golden Corral in Colonial Heights. She has invited us to have an OC breakfast there soon. Told me that she sees a lot of OCers there and of course they are close to Ft. Lee.

It's not that much of a drive for central Virginian's - it's as close time wise as Rise & Shine Diner. I see this as being part of the Greater Richmond Metropolitan Area.

She won't be working this Sat. morning, so it will have to be another weekend........soon.

Golden Corral
2501 Conduit Avenue, Colonial heights, Va. - very near the Temple Ave exit on I-95
https://www.mapquest.com/us/virginia/restaurants-colonial-heights/golden-corral-2940794

Last edited:

sidestreet

Sounds good to me...,

not exactly just down the street, but sometimes it's nice to stop by and say thanks to folks who have been supportive of us in the past, and keep those connections.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29:11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Maybe Colonial Heights? I don't think Hopewell has a GC.

Good catch - thank you.

Indeed, it is the GC in Colonial Heights. Amended the OP.

It is at the intersection of Temple Avenue and Conduit Road, just before Southpark Mall/shopping center.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I've been crap at making breakfast in the last month or two, but I would make the drive. Not a fan of GC, but I've always thought it was a great place to have an OC breakfast.
It's true that when you snoze, you lose. Yet, you seem to enjoy the food and accompaning conversation a lot.

Resolve the issue and just do it. :)