Thread: Question about CCDW renewal!

Question about CCDW renewal!

I am due soon to renew my CCDW permit. This will be my first time doing so. I received my notice today and I would like any help you guys can give me. The section of my renewal notice that I have highlighted in yellow. Am I responsible for having a Notary Public take care of this or is this something the Sheriff's Office can help me with? I don't mean to sound dumb. This is just my first time to renew my CCDW.

CLICK HERE -> CCDW016.jpg
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-26-2016 at 12:53 PM. Reason: removed exclamation mark from title
    I'll give you my gun when you take it from my cold, dead hands! ~ Charlton Heston (1923 -- 2008)

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand be faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had a gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass. ~ The Gunfighter’s Prayer

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Most banks, if you have an account there, will provide the notary service at no charge.

Note: Do not sign the document until the notary so instructs you. He/she is witnessing your signature and that you are who you say you are.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Most banks, if you have an account there, will provide the notary service at no charge.

Note: Do not sign the document until the notary so instructs you. He/she is witnessing your signature and that you are who you say you are.
    I assume his local town clerk's office has free notary service too ...

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I assume his local town clerk's office has free notary service too ...
    What if you are on your lunch break and the clerk is unavailable for whatever reason?

I avoid depending on the clerk for anything, if at all possible.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    What if you are on your lunch break and the clerk is unavailable for whatever reason?

I avoid depending on the clerk for anything, if at all possible.
    And what if your bank does not do free notary service (or it at all).

Just pointing out options....poo pooing other options isn't helping the guy, is it?

Thumbs up

My bank does offer free notary. So I will get them to take care of it for me. I too will confirm with the Sheriffs Office.
    I'll give you my gun when you take it from my cold, dead hands! ~ Charlton Heston (1923 -- 2008)

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand be faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had a gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass. ~ The Gunfighter’s Prayer

I renewed my KY permit recently (Kenton County) and I didn't do anything with a separate notary, I just brought that form to the sheriff's office blank and the lady there took care of all that stuff.