Thread: GOP congressmen don't like Trump apparently

Banned

GOP congressmen don't like Trump apparently

https://www.yahoo.com/news/republica...164536094.html

Virginia Rep. Scott Rigell was one of two sitting members of Congress to recently sign a letter calling on the Republican party to stop supporting Trumpís presidential campaign....This week, two sitting members of Congress, Wisconsin Rep. Reid Ribble and Rigell, signed on. The total number of Republican signatures has passed 120.

Look at the GOP ... sad sad sad .. they sound like children.

Who else did they propose? Ben Carson? ORLY ? Now they are crying.

May actually help Trump?

The "good-ole-boys" are pissed because Trump isn't a member of "the club" and therefore isn't entitled to run for high office.

TRUMP the Grumpy Old Party. TRUMP the establishment. TRUMP 2016

Samson, pull down this Dagon Temple.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Founder's Club Member
    <chuckle> They might as well be signing a letter saying, "ELECT HILLARY".

Its too late for them to expressly withdraw support from Trump--that is the whole point of the carefully created two-party system. "There is no middle ground. There is no third alternative. You're either with us or against us." Well, OK. That's your argument, Mr. Politician. Nowwww, you're gonna refuse to support the candidate your system arranged? Really?

And, if it had been the exact same system, but a more appealing candidate--to you, Mr. Politician--you would have been singing from the roof-tops about the dependability of the American system, and how all voters should support him, because, you know, this is the most important election ever. (Even though every election since Jimmy Carter has been "the most important, ever".)
    Last edited by Citizen; 08-20-2016 at 06:45 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

The two party system is and always has been bad-cop & worser-cop played on the political stage.

"Elect us or you know what they will do to US."

There is not a Pearl Jam spit of difference between the ruling parties, all progressives sick with legislative diarrhea to write legislation to make-things-better and leave US the consequences.

I am glad that I am old enough to say, Samson, pull down this Dagon Temple! Like PRESIDENT Reagan said "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down that wall!"
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Banned
    Is he leading now? I hope these GOP members like being on committees that do nothing LOL

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/216682

Those guys need to be noted and campaigned against when they are up for reelection. Their lack of support for their own candidate speaks volumes that they would prefer the status quo and sustain the good 'ol boy system that's in place now. For the leadership to chastise Trump for not supporting those that would not support him is astounding, and yet he did in the end, grudgingly or not. The tought of Hillary becoming president is sickening to me and if congress does not grow a pair and bock all of her nominees to the supreme court then the transition of this country is firmly on the path to hell.