• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Port of Bellingham Public Use Policies and Procedures

rapgood

You missed a few things, but... ;)
Great letter! :cool:

Thanks to all for the kudos!

Yeah, the letter could have included several more points. However, it was already almost 3 pages long, and we try to say only the absolutely necessary things we need to to make our arguments. Otherwise, when our writings start to lengthen, we lose the interest of our readers. Losing their interest can be the kiss of death to our point because all the readers then remember is that they got tired of giving us their attention.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

Yeah, the letter could have included several more points. However, it was already almost 3 pages long, and we try to say only the absolutely necessary things we need to to make our arguments. Otherwise, when our writings start to lengthen, we lose the interest of our readers. Losing their interest can be the kiss of death to our point because all the readers then remember is that they got tired of giving us their attention.
Judges have a hard time staying focused beyond 4 pages also.

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
I was kidding!

Hence the "wink".

Very complete, and I hope effective!

Va_Nemo

Mr. rapgood, please be advised that you are hereby requested and as considered relevant ordered and instructed by myself personally and with the authority that you believe I carry to quickly and fully report back here, in this thread on any replies, responses or actions you are made aware of, learn about through any other means or even hear about by reading something on the internet as to the replies and actions of the local authority in response to your letter.

Sincerely,

Va_Nemo

Last edited:

rapgood

Mr. rapgood, please be advised that you are hereby requested and as considered relevant ordered and instructed by myself personally and with the authority that you believe I carry to quickly and fully report back here, in this thread on any replies, responses or actions you are made aware of, learn about through any other means or even hear about by reading something on the internet as to the replies and actions of the local authority in response to your letter.

Sincerely,

Va_Nemo

:lol:

amlevin

At 3 pages it was probably one page too many. I learned in my career that anything more than two pages and only the first two were actually read. Unless you really got their interest from the beginning that is.

rapgood

No word back from Port of Bellingham, as of yet. However, I did cc: the Attorney General on the letter. This is their reply:

Mr. Apgood:

Thank you for copying our office on your letter to the commissioners of the Port of Bellingham. A copy is attached.

This message is simply to acknowledge receipt of a copy of your letter. Your letter urges the Port to change its policies regarding the possession of firearms on port property based upon your analysis of Washington law in that regard. Your letter does not mention litigation or the possibility of litigation regarding the issue. It sometimes happens that parties who challenge local ordinances in court give us notice of such challenges for various reasons, but since your letter does not mention litigation I assume that we were not copied for such a reason. If you find further communication with our office appropriate in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Jeff Even
Deputy Solicitor General
Office of the Attorney General

Zippoz

No word back from Port of Bellingham, as of yet. However, I did cc: the Attorney General on the letter. This is their reply:

Mr. Apgood:

Thank you for copying our office on your letter to the commissioners of the Port of Bellingham. A copy is attached.

This message is simply to acknowledge receipt of a copy of your letter. Your letter urges the Port to change its policies regarding the possession of firearms on port property based upon your analysis of Washington law in that regard. Your letter does not mention litigation or the possibility of litigation regarding the issue. It sometimes happens that parties who challenge local ordinances in court give us notice of such challenges for various reasons, but since your letter does not mention litigation I assume that we were not copied for such a reason. If you find further communication with our office appropriate in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Jeff Even
Deputy Solicitor General
Office of the Attorney General

It's been more than 3 weeks since we began notifying the Port of Bellingham of the Port's public policy violation with no apparent response. What would the next logical step be and when should it be taken?

rapgood

It's been more than 3 weeks since we began notifying the Port of Bellingham of the Port's public policy violation with no apparent response. What would the next logical step be and when should it be taken?

Someone should threaten to sue them. Then, we could notify the Attorney General's office, as was obliquely suggested by the Dpty. AG who responded to the cc of the letter I sent to the commissioners.

If someone up there wants to sue, I will happily represent them at my standard OCDO fee (privately email gogodawgs to find out what that is).

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
A What would the next logical step be and
B when should it be taken?

A. The next logical step would be for the Whatcom County Chapter to have a planning luncheon at the location in question.

B. The time should be eleven o'clock Saturday morn, the first day of October, 2016. What say you all?

A Someone should threaten to sue them. Then, we could notify the Attorney General's office, as was obliquely suggested by the Dpty. AG who responded to the cc of the letter I sent to the commissioners.

If someone up there wants to sue, I will happily represent them at my standard OCDO fee (privately email gogodawgs to find out what that is).

AI am among the "injured" parties

B I have a lot of free time to donate to the cause

Last edited:

Zippoz

A. The next logical step would be for the Whatcom County Chapter to have a planning luncheon at the location in question.

B. The time should be eleven o'clock Saturday morn, the first day of October, 2016. What say you all?

I will be there, if it will help.

rapgood

I will be there.

davidmcbeth

Banned

Send them an order of no contact .... ordering them not to contact you and start a consensual encounter. And that failure to comply with the order will be considered assault and subject the person to immediate arrest.

They'll respond to that.

deanf

Send them an order of no contact .... ordering them not to contact you and start a consensual encounter. And that failure to comply with the order will be considered assault and subject the person to immediate arrest.

That's worked for you in the past, has it? Please, regale us.

davidmcbeth

Banned
That's worked for you in the past, has it? Please, regale us.[/COLOR]

I used to get harassed all the time with a few police depts. due to my FOIA related activities.

They don't approach me anymore and harass me and they treat me nicer when I approach them.

Almost all had fits when I served them ... I told them that they were served and it would be in their best interests to comply.

I did have the state's capitol police [ie police dept. of legislature] say that did not like the order; the state has given this particular agency absolute immunity (not qualified but absolute) but, I pointed out to them, immunity issues are needed to be plead in court ~ they don't activate until asked to be activated..so any immunity provisions of the law would have no effect on my demanding that the order be complied with.

All have. So there are no more stories to regale you with....I can regale you of other .govs who I have not served but I think its outside the scope of these posts.

I'm not one who asks more than the law demands and I am not one who asks "pretty please"...I am very civil but I hardly grovel.

Last edited: