• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Port of Bellingham Public Use Policies and Procedures

deanf

A specific question/specific set of facts being examined .. perhaps relating to some case law would be nice. Your post is too broad w/o more.

You're the one who said "
And that failure to comply with the order will be considered assault and subject the person to immediate arrest."

And now I'm asking you to provide more information about that. Maybe I need to get a little bit blunt and a tad more specific:

I'm calling B.S. Which RCW would they be arrested/charged under?

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
LUNCHEON/BRUNCH AT THE FERRY TERMINAL

Well Ladies and Gentleman it appears as though we have been "challenged".

There will be a luncheon on 8 October, 2016, starting at eleven. The location will be the same as last time, the Ferry Terminal. We have been informed that it is an illegal "gun free zone". Rapgood has sent them a "C&D" letter but they have chosen to not (yet) reply. Pre-emption disposes of this "GF" zone. We may say it a good deal, but we have to live it, A Right not Exercised is a Right Lost.

Join us for lunch/brunch and support the 2A in Bellingham.

https://www.portofbellingham.com/495/Bellingham-Cruise-Terminal

http://streatfood.com/

davidmcbeth

Banned
You should agree to post a post on the 8th and 9th to inform us if you get captured.

deadpool_agrees_by_kawaiilove2000-d9duai3.png

Zippoz

A. The next logical step would be for the Whatcom County Chapter to have a planning luncheon at the location in question.

B. The time should be eleven o'clock Saturday morn, the first day of October, 2016. What say you all?

I say it was a great meeting today. Someone put forth the motion that I be named dictator of the world. The motion was seconded and then carried by a unanimous vote of all present. In my new role as world dictator I then adjourned the meeting.

I guess I should have read the date in that other thread a bit more closely, huh? :)

Zippoz

I believe you have done a proper recon of the area and we will be determined "safe" to proceed, eh?
I will purchase you a caffeinated beverage to support that effort.

Ha! It was very crowded but, as I stood there with my trusty sidearm exposed for all and sundry to view, no one ran screaming from the building and no MWAG calls were made (at least while I was there, anyway). I did note that it was very crowded. Looked like the dating group was there again and a ferry had docked recently so there were a lot of folk around. Something to consider for next Saturday. Didn't look to me like there was room for us when I was there.

Gene Beasley

Are you talking about Washington State?

I used to get harassed all the time with a few police depts. due to my FOIA related activities.

They don't approach me anymore and harass me and they treat me nicer when I approach them.

Almost all had fits when I served them ... I told them that they were served and it would be in their best interests to comply.

I did have the state's capitol police [ie police dept. of legislature]...

I feel like I'm on a tangent and would rather not be. In WA there is no police department of the legislature. Law enforcement on the campus of the capitol and dealing with the executive branch is done by the Executive Services Section of WSP.

solus

I feel like I'm on a tangent and would rather not be. In WA there is no police department of the legislature. Law enforcement on the campus of the capitol and dealing with the executive branch is done by the Executive Services Section of WSP.

those special operations personnel are blet certified, sworn, LEs ~ therefore, the police department of the evergreen's executive, legislative, and judical bodies. http://www.wsp.wa.gov/crime/sod.htm

ipse

rapgood

I did have the state's capitol police [ie police dept. of legislature] say that did not like the order; the state has given this particular agency absolute immunity (not qualified but absolute) but, I pointed out to them, immunity issues are needed to be plead in court ~ they don't activate until asked to be activated..so any immunity provisions of the law would have no effect on my demanding that the order be complied with.

I couldn't find any RCW or WAC giving the WSP capitol detail absolute immunity, nor did I see any case law supporting it. Apparently, the officer that told you this was "mistaken" (gasp!).

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
............. Apparently, the officer that told you this was "mistaken" (gasp!).

oh Em GEE!!
The average LEO is ALWAYS up on every aspect of the thousands and thousands of little laws that we bend and break on a daily basis. I am very surprised that he was not a fountain of knowledge.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Yes, there are "thousands and thousands" of laws and it does not surprise me that the average street cop doesn't know them all, few people, if any, do. What does surprise me is that the lack of knowledge will not deter that same cop from attempting to enforce the laws that he is completely ignorant of and he will never say "I don't know" when asked about the meaning of those same laws. They feel compelled to act the part of the expert on all legal matters, especially when it relates to firearms and firearms laws. Pretending to know more than you actually do, will always end with you embarrassing yourself and in some cases, getting you into a lot of trouble.
That is true on both sides of the fence. :uhoh:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
REMINDER!!

LUNCHEON/BRUNCH AT THE FERRY TERMINAL
Well Ladies and Gentleman it appears as though we have been "challenged".

There will be a luncheon on 8 October, 2016, starting at eleven. (UPDATE ON THE TIME IT WILL BE 11:30) The location will be the same as last time, the Ferry Terminal. We have been informed that it is an illegal "gun free zone". Rapgood has sent them a "C&D" letter but they have chosen to not (yet) reply. Pre-emption disposes of this "GF" zone. We may say it a good deal, but we have to live it, A Right not Exercised is a Right Lost.

Join us for lunch/brunch and support the 2A in Bellingham.

https://www.portofbellingham.com/495...ruise-Terminal

http://streatfood.com/

rapgood

Health issues precluded me from traveling up today. How did the luncheon go, and was there a good turn out? Is there/are there any folks who need my services? :lol:

phoneguy

no news might be bad news

Health issues precluded me from traveling up today. How did the luncheon go, and was there a good turn out? Is there/are there any folks who need my services? :lol:

John is good with updating us right away.

ARADCOM

It's all good news. ;-)

Nice get together, about a dozen people, good conversation and a very good hamburger. All the firearms behaved themselves as did all the other patrons.

John did some outreach and handed out a pamphlet to a table of mature ladies that were seated next to us.

Zippoz

They tried to trick me again, rapgood, by changing the meeting time without fair warning but I, with my excellent eyesight and previous experience with their cunning and misdirection when it comes to meeting times, dates and locations, caught MSG Laigaie trying to sneak in without anyone seeing him while his poor but ever enduring young wife had to go park the car then walk many blocks through the pouring rain.

Enjoyable conversation and a very brave lady who stood up from her group of friends and came over to ask why we were all armed. She also suggested that I am good looking which indicates excellent eyesight and superlative judgment on her part. I quickly handed the rest of her questions off to the others before she got a closer look at me. Looking forward to the next gettogether (whenever the heck that might be and no matter what they say for a time and date I ain't buying it this time!). :)

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
caught MSG Laigaie trying to sneak in without anyone seeing him while his poor but ever enduring young wife had to go park the car then walk many blocks through the pouring rain.

Enjoyable conversation and a very brave lady who stood up from her group of friends and came over to ask why we were all armed. She also suggested that I am good looking which indicates excellent eyesight and superlative judgment on her part.

I was elected to carry the Wedding Quilt into the building to protect it from the rain.

The woman from the "other table" was one of the "Date Club" members. They get there just before us. Several of us spoke with them, notably BoomBoy, who they seem to have found attractive. We have invited them to shoot with us. Most had firearms at home and now want to carry.

The object lesson here was to flaunt/rectify the misguided directive of "No firearms" at this, public, location. We received nothing but praise for being armed Citizens and nothing more. A search of the building did not uncover any GFZ signs. Only three printed references say that any weapons must be "Declared" . Well........."I declare, I am Openly Carrying..

The "Plan" is as follows............

The last Port meeting made no reference to written requests and a formal letter from Rapgood. We will attend the next Port meeting, scheduled for the Fourth of Nov. This time and date will be posted as an event. We should be able to speak before the meeting starts and again after it is over (public input). For those who do not attend the actual PA meeting, we will have another luncheon, same location, on Saturday, the Fifth of Nov, starting at ELEVEN THIRTY ay emm. This will be posted as an event with proper location and time info.
We expect the PA to comply with State law. If this does not go well, we will move to the next step.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Port Authority had their meeting on 1 Nov. No mention was made of our request. We will meet again at the Ferry Terminal, in Bellingham, on Saturday, 5 Nov at eleven thirty AM for our usual luncheon.