Thread: Apparently legally armed citizen charged with homicide at MPD 6th Dist. Station.

Apparently legally armed citizen charged with homicide at MPD 6th Dist. Station.

According to the criminal complaint:

Drescher's friend, Copper Castillo, had planned to buy a Benelli shotgun outside the police station Thursday.

Drescher told his friend he would accompany Castillo to the sale because of the danger of a robbery at such a transaction.

Castillo and Drescher were parked in a van outside of the station when they were approached by Carlsen, who asked them if they were looking at him and if they were cops.

Drescher told Carlsen to go away, and Carlsen threw a traffic cone through the window of the van.

As Carlsen began walking away, Drescher got out of the van to put the cone back and Carlsen started walking back toward him.

Drescher pulled out the handgun he was carrying and pointed it at Carlsen as Carlsen approached. As Carlsen got closer, into what Drescher called his "danger zone," Drescher fired the gun until he felt Carlsen no longer posed a threat.

http://www.jsonline.com/story/news/c...tion/89194838/
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Seems to me that some details may have been omitted, others modified, to attempt to put himself in a better light.

No single reason for my thinking that - just that the story has a strange aroma.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

The MJS prog anti-gun spin in their sewer-market is likely the source of the fetid aroma.

The buyer has no apparent record. The apparently LAC has only this open case. The dead guy has/had a small rap sheet.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-24-2016 at 07:41 AM.

More information needed
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

LOL. Do not ever speak to a cop, even an ex. Whatever is said will be used against interest.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Seems to me that some details may have been omitted, others modified, to attempt to put himself in a better light.

No single reason for my thinking that - just that the story has a strange aroma.
    I concur. There is certainly more to this story...
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Probably more to the story. But if that is all the important points it sure seems the dead guy was the aggressor and the shooter acted properly.

With the possible exception of getting out of his car to put the cone back a bit too soon.

Nemo