Thread: Katie get your gun control (Part II)

Moderator / Administrator

Katie get your gun control (Part II)

http://www.ammoland.com/2016/08/bloo...n-control-film

In addition to Katie Couric knowingly including misleading footage to make gun owners appear like boobs with nothing to say in response to a question about background check policies, now AmmoLand.com has uncovered the fact that Couric acceded to Billionaire Michael Bloomberg's demand that gun policy scholar John Lott's interview also be cut from Couric Gun Control Film.

See more at http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...#ixzz4IHmWHul4

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    I doubt that Bloomberg had to twist her arm.....likely just scratched her hand w/greenbacks.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-24-2016 at 10:14 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I'd like to know specifically how Lotts research has been "discredited." There is a difference between that and just overlooked/ignored.
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Like Richard J. Herrnstein and Charles Murray, contradicted, controverted, discredited, but not in error. The media are not honest brokers of truth.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Hey, let's not get facts involved in this gun debate. We just want no one but cops and criminals to have guns.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Hey, let's not get facts involved in this gun debate. We just want no one but cops and criminals to have guns...
    And we increasingly can kill two birds with one uniform.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    And we increasingly can kill two birds with one uniform.
    +1
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

1. The present administration, and their adherents, want a citizenry completely dependent upon the government. Witness the reaction to the "Cajun Navy" by certain lawmakers.
    2. The media, most of whom share the same political philosophy as those presently in power, cannot tell the whole, unvarnished truth. If they did, they would be undermining their "masters" and would probably suffer repercussions.
    3. Last, but not least, this all ties together with the lust for absolute power. Both parties have it to greater or lesser extent, but both have it. You cannot have absolute power over a citizenry that retains the means to resist tyranny.

The only difference I see is that one party is open in its desire to disarm free men and women under the guise of making them "safer". The other party does not to admit to such a scheme, but, make no mistake, given sufficient provocation, they would be just as swift to attempt that disarmament.

Am I am pessimist? I don't think so; I see myself as more of a realist.
    "Happiness is a warm shotgun!!"
    "I am neither a pessimist nor a cynic. I am, rather, a realist."
    "The most dangerous things I've ever encountered were a Second Lieutenant with a map and a compass and a Private who was bored and had time on his hands."

Quote Originally Posted by SFCRetired View Post
    Am I am pessimist? I don't think so; I see myself as more of a realist.
    First, read Angelo Codevilla's 2010 essay 'America's Ruling Class -- And the Perils of Revolution.
    http://spectator.org/39326_americas-...ls-revolution/

Then read about the Alternative Right from where ever you wish to start; maybe National Policy Institute npiamerica.org. or Taki's Magazine, or Alternative-right.blogspot.com

Alt-right's first principle is Realism, another is Individualism.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.