Thread: Thank you Hillary, horizons broadened, The Six Hundred not The Hollow Men, Alt-right

Thank you Hillary, horizons broadened, The Six Hundred not The Hollow Men, Alt-right

I recently commented to my tiny forwarding group of two or three on the recent reports of the desecration of veterans' graves, by the removal of Confederate Flags in one case, and theft of medallions for sale as scrap in the other. One gentleman, veteran of significant in-country Viet Nam air adventures, responded, "when will it end, and it will end."

I prepared to cite T. S. Elliot's The Hollow Men back at him, but was distracted by Hag Hillary's mention of "alt-right" that I had not heard of, or attended to mention. Investigating the Alternative Right, I noticed one site illustrated with a classic painting of The Charge of The Light Brigade, eponymous of Tennyson's Poem.

What a delightful contrast, 'The Six Hundred' were not The Hollow Men, but in the end no difference was accomplished.

"This is the way the world ends
    This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper."

Even more wonderfully, the whimper is Guido 'Guy' Fawkes' as he mounts the gallows. Guido, the icon of the anonymous progs. I'll have to share this tidbit of exegesis with my literature professor neighbor.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

???

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    I recently commented to my tiny forwarding group of two or three on the recent reports of the desecration of veterans' graves, by the removal of Confederate Flags in one case, and theft of medallions for sale as scrap in the other. One gentleman, veteran of significant in-country Viet Nam air adventures, responded, "when will it end, and it will end."

I prepared to cite T. S. Elliot's The Hollow Men back at him, but was distracted by Hag Hillary's mention of "alt-right" that I had not heard of, or attended to mention. Investigating the Alternative Right, I noticed one site illustrated with a classic painting of The Charge of The Light Brigade, eponymous of Tennyson's Poem.

What a delightful contrast, 'The Six Hundred' were not The Hollow Men, but in the end no difference was accomplished.

"This is the way the world ends
    Not with a bang but a whimper."

Even more wonderfully, the whimper is Guido 'Guy' Fawkes' as he mounts the gallows. Guido, the icon of the anonymous progs. I'll have to share this tidbit of exegesis with my literature professor neighbor.

Contrast indeed!! I wonder if it was intentional or merely coincidence. Ironic perhaps. ??

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Lord Cardigan's Light Brigade charged the superior Russians during the Battle of Balaclava 25 October 1854.

The Hollow Men is commentary on the effect of the Treaty of Versailles. I enjoyed this exegesis, http://aduni.org/~heather/occs/honors/Poem.htm

I can think of no coincidence, or meaning of irony that makes sense.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.