Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arkansas cop sues Glock for $75,000 after shooting himself in the foot ...

Red face Arkansas cop sues Glock for $75,000 after shooting himself in the foot ...

An Arkansas policeman is suing a large gun manufacturer after accidentally shooting himself in the foot literally.
    According to the website Guns.com, Larry Jones, a cop from Cherry Valley, Arkansas, was injured when his pistol unexpectedly discharged as he was trying to outfit the gun with a tactical light at a shooting range in June 2013.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nt-loaded.html
    Hmm...Glock, who wudda thunk it.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    Is he listing his mother for bringing such a stupid child into this world?
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 08-26-2016 at 01:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Hmm...Glock, who wudda thunk it.

Humm.... Arkansas who wudda thunk it!

quote...unexpectedly discharged as he was trying to outfit the gun with a tactical light at a shooting range in June 2013. quote.

uh, excuse me...will all those in the reading audience who work on their firearm with a round chambered please raise your hand...DavidB, you may put your hand down as you were already a known entity...

i hope the judicial system throws out the suit as frivolous...

ipse
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    quote...unexpectedly discharged as he was trying to outfit the gun with a tactical light at a shooting range in June 2013. quote.

uh, excuse me...will all those in the reading audience who work on their firearm with a round chambered please raise your hand...DavidB, you may put your hand down as you were already a known entity...

ipse

Hahaha .. but you're right .. all my guns have one (or two or etc depending on gun) in the chamber.

Does this make me an irresponsible gun owner?

I don't think so ... I have drop tested all my guns so I know an accidental discharge is off the table. How many members to that with their guns? The only reason for my gun to go pew pew pew is for me to want it to.

ipse
    There are several Tac lights that are made to snap on and off I see nothing wrong when mounting one of those on a loaded firearm. But one has to now to keep is finger off the trigger.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

And another entity joins the known entities.
    I was not unserious with my suspicion of Gastaut-Geschwind Syndrome. No more quote mining, contextomy!. I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Almost a Darwin award winner...
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post
    There are several Tac lights that are made to snap on and off I see nothing wrong when mounting one of those on a loaded firearm. But one has to now to keep is finger off the trigger.
    really...

ipse
    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

really...ipse
    Oh yeah! He's a certified LE field-armorer, the elite among armorers. "Here, hold muh beer, lemme see that!"
    I was not unserious with my suspicion of Gastaut-Geschwind Syndrome. No more quote mining, contextomy!. I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Is this the Bill and Hillary Clinton child they don't talk about?

Seems you are in Wisconsin from your location listed to the left. Everyone here please make sure I never take any shooting courses from any instructor in Wisconsin. Unless you meant that as extreme sarcasm that just flew way over my head.

Va_Nemo

If one can't use equipment as designed then one shouldn't use it.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    If one can't use equipment as designed then one shouldn't use it.
    If one can't install the equipment in the safest possible manner, then maybe they should consider not installing it.
    http://negligentdischarge.com/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    If one can't install the equipment in the safest possible manner, then maybe they should consider not installing it.
    It is always up to the end user to know there personal limitations, if the user can not do something safely then they shouldn't be doing it.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 08-27-2016 at 09:10 AM.

It is always up to the end user to know there personnel limitations, if the user can not do something safely then they shouldn't be doing it.
    "A man's got to know his [personal] limitations!" (Police Inspector Harry Callahan, Magnum Force (1973)

If one cannot use the language properly, then you should not be doing it.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-27-2016 at 07:04 AM.

Thanks it is nice to have my own spell checker.
    Last edited by Firearms Iinstuctor; 08-27-2016 at 09:10 AM.

Thanks it is nice to have my own spell checker.
    It is always up to the end user to know there personal limitations, if the user can not do something safely then they shouldn't be doing it.
    Not at all. Both personnel and there are properly spelled, but improperly (there twice!) used grammatically.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 08-27-2016 at 09:51 AM.

Banned
    I say let people install things as they see fit. No need to regulate this.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I say let people install things as they see fit. No need to regulate this.
    Next time it may be someone else shot, instead of the operator.

Same as no need for traffic control lights - let people ignore them.

Then there is air traffic control - abolish it and let pilots do what they may.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Next time it may be someone else shot, instead of the operator. Same as no need for traffic control lights - let people ignore them.Then there is air traffic control - abolish it and let pilots do what they may.
    Come on out to 2P2 with neither ATC nor traffic control lights. UNICOM 5 clicks for runway lights. Beacon GREEN/WHITE lighted land runway.

Control is required only with dense negligent operators.

Banned
    Next time it may be someone else shot, instead of the operator.

Same as no need for traffic control lights - let people ignore them.

Then there is air traffic control - abolish it and let pilots do what they may.
    Grape, you worry too much.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Grape, you worry too much.
    What me worry?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_E._Neuman

Being careful does not require that too much worry be included., in fact no amount of true worry is necessary.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-27-2016 at 12:05 PM. Reason: added

Don't worry, be confident, with confidence borne of Sixty or Seventy years of good living. Something that the beardless will never have.

Banned
    What me worry?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_E._Neuman

Being careful does not require that too much worry be included., in fact no amount of true worry is necessary.
    "I choose the danger." McCoy, Star Trek: Search for Spock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast