• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arkansas cop sues Glock for $75,000 after shooting himself in the foot ...

davidmcbeth

Banned
Surviving 60 or 70 years does impart a confidence borne of that journey.

If one has never had a burr placed beneath their saddle, they can't appreciate the ride it induces.

I remember a Star Trek, NTG, where a character had to kill himself when he turned 60 ......

OC for ME

Pistols that have the most negligent discharges

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=pistols+that+have+the+most+negligent+discharges

Rise In Negligent Discharges Accompanies LASD Transition To Striker-Fired Pistol
http://bearingarms.com/bob-o/2015/0...mpanies-lasd-transition-striker-fired-pistol/

Did Gaston Glock Invent the Negligent Discharge?
http://www.ammoland.com/2015/05/did-gaston-glock-invent-the-negligent-discharge/#axzz4Iim8UPi8

Op-Ed Why the police shouldn't use Glocks
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/

OC for ME

solus, my pleasure.

The tidbit regarding cops are more likely to place their finger on the trigger and then state that they do/did/would not...until video is replayed. Filed away...just in case.

OC for ME

Your LAT linkey didn't send me where you wished, but I liked the 25 August item just fine!
Sorry, really really sorry, that was not my intention...I just clicked and the first thing displayed put me off the remainder of my breakfast (almost lost what I have taken)...Hillary. Not sure other than having to search their site...never mind, op-ed anyway.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
quote...unexpectedly discharged as he was trying to outfit the gun with a tactical light at a shooting range in June 2013. quote.

uh, excuse me...will all those in the reading audience who work on their firearm with a round chambered please raise your hand...DavidB, you may put your hand down as you were already a known entity...:rolleyes:

i hope the judicial system throws out the suit as frivolous...

ipse

<chuckle> You got that right, Solus.

And, then to sue the manufacturer because the article functioned as designed? Really? Oh, let me sue Ford because the car made exhaust fumes. Let me sue God because I drowned when I tried to breathe water while following the laws of physics.

What a tremendously obvious unwillingness to accept personal responsibility. And, no less, for not taking obvious steps to prevent personal injury.

Oh! I am sorry! I do not own a Glock. But, I own...ahem...one superannuated, barely functional defensive sidearm (the rest were lost in a regrettable boating accident). Now that I think about it, every one of the owner's manuals for those guns now at the bottom of the unnamed river all expressly stated that I should check to ensure the gun was unloaded before working on it.

Do the Glock user manuals omit this too-obvious, and only-necessary-for-idiots, warning?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
<chuckle> You got that right, Solus.

And, then to sue the manufacturer because the article functioned as designed? Really? Oh, let me sue Ford because the car made exhaust fumes. Let me sue God because I drowned when I tried to breathe water while following the laws of physics.

What a tremendously obvious unwillingness to accept personal responsibility. And, no less, for not taking obvious steps to prevent personal injury.

Oh! I am sorry! I do not own a Glock. But, I own...ahem...one superannuated, barely functional defensive sidearm (the rest were lost in a regrettable boating accident). Now that I think about it, every one of the owner's manuals for those guns now at the bottom of the unnamed river all expressly stated that I should check to ensure the gun was unloaded before working on it.

Do the Glock user manuals omit this too-obvious, and only-necessary-for-idiots, warning?
GLOCK INSTRUCTIONS from installation guide on installing various aftermarket accessories.

1. Ensure firearm is unloaded. Visually and physically check that the firearm is unloaded. Check again.

1. Before handling any firearm, check several times both visually and by feel that it is unloaded. Check again.

Failure to follow these instructions and procedures may result in injury or death.

JoeSparky

Centurion
GLOCK INSTRUCTIONS from installation guide on installing various aftermarket accessories.

1. Ensure firearm is unloaded. Visually and physically check that the firearm is unloaded. Check again.

1. Before handling any firearm, check several times both visually and by feel that it is unloaded. Check again.

Failure to follow these instructions and procedures may result in injury or death.

Or said a different way---- "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink!"

The Truth

What a ridiculous lawsuit.

I am also surprised at some of the comments here regarding unloading one's weapon when affixing an accessory.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Next time it may be someone else shot, instead of the operator.

Same as no need for traffic control lights - let people ignore them.

104px-Traffic_light_red.png

Then there is air traffic control - abolish it and let pilots do what they may.
I see, in control of your own destiny. Unless you are the passenger.......

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Next time it may be someone else shot, instead of the operator.

Same as no need for traffic control lights - let people ignore them.

104px-Traffic_light_red.png

Then there is air traffic control - abolish it and let pilots do what they may.

I see, in control of your own destiny. Unless you are the passenger.......
Or a bystander void of any involvement other than being in the wrong place at the right time. :eek:

davidmcbeth

Banned

Better GLOCK INSTRUCTIONS:

1) see Glock
2) throw away
3) get a 1911
4) now you have a real pistol
5) enjoy your pistol

Ezek

Better GLOCK INSTRUCTIONS:

1) see Glock
2) throw away
3) get a 1911
4) now you have a real pistol
5) enjoy your pistol

that's funny.

but on a different subject.

I am wondering how mister instructor got his instruction permit... as he has obviously forgotten his firearm safety basics.
this includes making sure the boomstick is unloaded prior to ANY physical work, and MAKING SURE it is not pointed at ANYTHING you don't mind destroying. this includes your pinky toe, as i'm fairly certain most individuals would prefer to KEEP their body parts attached.

Ken56

Geeze, I thought they were the only ones trained and professional enough to handle firearms...not us commoners, go figure.