• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arkansas cop sues Glock for $75,000 after shooting himself in the foot ...

OC for ME

solus

quote...unexpectedly discharged as he was trying to outfit the gun with a tactical light at a shooting range in June 2013. quote.

uh, excuse me...will all those in the reading audience who work on their firearm with a round chambered please raise your hand...DavidB, you may put your hand down as you were already a known entity...:rolleyes:

i hope the judicial system throws out the suit as frivolous...

ipse

davidmcbeth

Banned
quote...unexpectedly discharged as he was trying to outfit the gun with a tactical light at a shooting range in June 2013. quote.

uh, excuse me...will all those in the reading audience who work on their firearm with a round chambered please raise your hand...DavidB, you may put your hand down as you were already a known entity...:rolleyes:

ipse

Hahaha .. but you're right .. all my guns have one (or two or etc depending on gun) in the chamber.

Does this make me an irresponsible gun owner?

I don't think so ... I have drop tested all my guns so I know an accidental discharge is off the table. How many members to that with their guns? The only reason for my gun to go pew pew pew is for me to want it to.

Firearms Iinstuctor

ipse

There are several Tac lights that are made to snap on and off I see nothing wrong when mounting one of those on a loaded firearm. But one has to now to keep is finger off the trigger.

Va_Nemo

There are several Tac lights that are made to snap on and off I see nothing wrong when mounting one of those on a loaded firearm. But one has to now to keep is finger off the trigger.

Seems you are in Wisconsin from your location listed to the left. Everyone here please make sure I never take any shooting courses from any instructor in Wisconsin. Unless you meant that as extreme sarcasm that just flew way over my head.

Va_Nemo

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I say let people install things as they see fit. No need to regulate this.
Next time it may be someone else shot, instead of the operator.

Same as no need for traffic control lights - let people ignore them.

104px-Traffic_light_red.png

Then there is air traffic control - abolish it and let pilots do what they may.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Don't worry, be confident, with confidence borne of Sixty or Seventy years of good living. Something that the beardless will never have.
Surviving 60 or 70 years does impart a confidence borne of that journey.

If one has never had a burr placed beneath their saddle, they can't appreciate the ride it induces.