• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No prison time for this guy...stole 4,000 bucks .. due to taking drugs

davidmcbeth

Banned
U.S. District Judge James Peterson said that there was no legitimate reason to send former officer Andrew Pullum to prison, given that he is no longer a police officer and that his crime was sparked by stress, depression and other mental health concerns that caused him to self-medicate with cocaine and marijuana.
http://host.madison.com/news/local/...cle_ffb316db-e279-5e74-8f4b-6a3c5abc7610.html

"self medicate" eh? I guess he's a doctor now.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
And while not excusing what Pullum did, Peterson said there were no legitimate legal needs to send Pullum to prison, such as public protection, deterrence from future crime or treatment needs that can only be met behind bars.
Don't file your income tax return and you will end-up in prison because a message must be sent to the public.

Ken56

I am sure the judge ordered all his firearms confiscated and barred him from owning firearms in the future for his mental health issues and drug addiction issues. Equal protection under the law, yeah, right. As an (former) agent of the state here is your get out of jail free card. You and me.......not so much.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
I am sure the judge ordered all his firearms confiscated and barred him from owning firearms in the future for his mental health issues and drug addiction issues. Equal protection under the law, yeah, right. As an (former) agent of the state here is your get out of jail free card. You and me.......not so much.
If he moves to Virginia the governor will restore his voting rights.

Freedom1Man

Apparently you have a reading comprehension problem.

Don't file your income tax return and you will end-up in prison because a message must be sent to the public.

If there is no requirement then there is no such thing as MY return.

The way you worded it makes claim that you're required to file. If it had been worded. "Don't file an income tax return...."
See the difference?

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
If there is no requirement then there is no such thing as MY return.

The way you worded it makes claim that you're required to file. If it had been worded. "Don't file an income tax return...."
See the difference?
That's from your perspective.
The IRS and the courts say otherwise.And under section 6020 of the code the secretary is to file a return on your behalf if you fail to do so.

Freedom1Man

That's from your perspective.
The IRS and the courts say otherwise.And under section 6020 of the code the secretary is to file a return on your behalf if you fail to do so.
Only if you have a requirement to file in the first place.

§6020. Returns prepared for or executed by Secretary
(a) Preparation of return by Secretary

If any person shall fail to make a return required by this title or by regulations prescribed thereunder, but shall consent to disclose all information necessary for the preparation thereof, then, and in that case, the Secretary may prepare such return, which, being signed by such person, may be received by the Secretary as the return of such person.
(b) Execution of return by Secretary
(1) Authority of Secretary to execute return

If any person fails to make any return required by any internal revenue law or regulation made thereunder at the time prescribed therefor, or makes, willfully or otherwise, a false or fraudulent return, the Secretary shall make such return from his own knowledge and from such information as he can obtain through testimony or otherwise.
(2) Status of returns

Any return so made and subscribed by the Secretary shall be prima facie good and sufficient for all legal purposes.

(Aug. 16, 1954, ch. 736, 68A Stat. 740; Pub. L. 90–364, title I, §103(e)(3), June 28, 1968, 82 Stat. 264; Pub. L. 94–455, title XIX, §1906(b)(13)(A), Oct. 4, 1976, 90 Stat. 1834; Pub. L. 98–369, div. A, title IV, §412(b)(4), July 18, 1984, 98 Stat. 792.)

You really should look up a lawyer who knows the law. Larry Becraft, would be a good start. He has defended against the IRS and never lost against the IRS.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Only if you have a requirement to file in the first place.

You really should look up a lawyer who knows the law. Larry Becraft, would be a good start. He has defended against the IRS and never lost against the IRS.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
Sir, Larry is a personal friend of mine. And yes he has lost cases. Dr. Ward F. Dean was defended by Larry. In 2005, Dr. Ward F. Dean, of Pensacola, Florida was found guilty of seven felony counts of evading income taxes and attempting to interfere with the administration of the Internal Revenue Code.

So, you really don't know what you are talking about. But, you're free to believe whatever you want.