Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bare chests and guns.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Bare chests and guns.

FUQ-Those who attend might see not only bare-chested women, but also people carrying firearms. Members of Washington Open Carry Whatcom County will be present – in an unofficial capacity – with publicly displayed firearms in accordance with state law, said group member Robert Stratton.“We are not providing security but some of us will attend in support of rights. It’s our belief we must all stand up for each other’s rights,” Stratton said in response to a social media inquiry.

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/news...e97710507.html

Seems John or I end up in the paper or on TV once a year or so.....

Read more here: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/news...#storylink=cpy
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sudden valley gunner View Post
    FUQ-Those who attend might see not only bare-chested women, but also people carrying firearms. Members of Washington Open Carry Whatcom County will be present – in an unofficial capacity – with publicly displayed firearms in accordance with state law, said group member Robert Stratton.“We are not providing security but some of us will attend in support of rights. It’s our belief we must all stand up for each other’s rights,” Stratton said in response to a social media inquiry.

http://www.bellinghamherald.com/news...e97710507.html

Seems John or I end up in the paper or on TV once a year or so.....

Read more here: http://www.bellinghamherald.com/news...#storylink=cpy
    Awesome!
    Live Free or Die!

Bad Bellingham Herald!

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

The online Bellingham Herald sells so much ad space that the page takes forever to load! And we thought the Examiner was bad! I finally had to delete the tab so that I could get response from all other pages I attempted to access while it was loading!

Bad online Bellingham Herald! No Biscuit!
    Rev. Robert Apgood, Esq.

A right cannot be lost by exercising it. McDonald v. Chicago, 561 U.S. 3025, 130 S. Ct. 3020, 3021, 177 L. Ed. 2d 894 (2010) (citing Near v. Minn., 283 U.S. 697 (1931)).

Although IAAL, anything I say here is not legal advice. No conversations we may have privately or otherwise in this forum constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship, and are not intended to do so.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Thank you for keeping us abreast of the latest developments.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Thank you for keeping us abreast of the latest developments.
    I see what you did there.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Tough duty you volunteered for there
    Last edited by F350; 08-28-2016 at 12:12 PM. Reason: spillin

Banned
    You'll have to post pics and vid ...

Quote Originally Posted by F350 View Post
    Tough duty you volunteered fo there
    We were invited. Kind of puts a different twist to "Open Carry".
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Topless protest fizzles with low turnout

Some members of Open Carry Whatcom County showed up.

http://kgmi.com/news/007700-topless-...h-low-turnout/
    Unfortunate...was weather a factor?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

A low turnout by the protesters, yes. On the other hand there were over twenty open carriers including a petite young lady with an AK47 slung across her back. A half dozen LEOs observed and some attempted to engage us in conversation. Unfortunately, they were pulled away by officer slydesko. One LEO was "plainclothes".

WE all wandered around, speaking among ourselves. Found two unicorns who saw us (WOCWC) on social media and showed. Cool. Made a few extra converts and passed out a bunch of brochures and pocket Constitutions. No troubles, no worries, no incidents.

Boomboy had a great time and his Sweetie was OCing. SVG did a bit of "public speaking" and my Sweet Baboo was their, too, with her Sig out in the open. All in all a good day for OC.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Banned
    https://liberland.org/en/constitution/

Handing out Liberland's constitution ? See Art. 14 about their RKBA laws.

I'm sure pics are being developed at the photohut as we speak.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 08-29-2016 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Handing out Liberland's constitution ? .
    No sir. We stayed in the real world and passed out real US Constitutions.

State Researcher
    Tough duty you volunteered for there
    Of all the human beings in the world, it is a very small minority that look better undressed than they do with some covering.

With good reason do most who really understand how to present themselves in the most flattering manner possible tend to "leave a little bit to the imagination." In the absence of the chance to airbrush / photoshop what others are going to see....

Whether female breasts can or should be subject to different laws than male chests in terms of public exposure is not something I need to discuss here. But from a purely aesthetic point of view, most people look better with a little coverage than without.
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    Of all the human beings in the world, it is a very small minority that look better undressed than they do with some covering.

With good reason do most who really understand how to present themselves in the most flattering manner possible tend to "leave a little bit to the imagination." In the absence of the chance to airbrush / photoshop what others are going to see....
    Obviously you didn't grow up in Bloomington IN, home of IU and a once thriving limestone industry which left a number of "swimming holes" frequented by the college crowd in the 60s and 70s. AUHAAAA my formative years, couple hundred college students (50/50) and not a swim suit in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    most people look better with a little coverage than without.
    In many cases more than just "a little coverage", in fact I can think of a bunch that require quite "a lot of coverage".

Out of curiosity, how many of the Open Carrier guys were topless?
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Obviously you didn't grow up in Bloomington IN, home of IU and a once thriving limestone industry which left a number of "swimming holes" frequented by the college crowd in the 60s and 70s. AUHAAAA my formative years, couple hundred college students (50/50) and not a swim suit in sight.
    but F350, them their quarry pits were a mite, nawllll, mite my arse ~ they were flat out cold to swim in, but like you stated, as in IN, in ohio the nice young college students as well as the young country folk loved to skinny dip in them...assisting some to learn about the birds and bees not on the playground but around the quarry pits and it wasnt all lecture presentations...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    Well, just speak for yourself there, laddie buck! I will have you know...snipp.
    so gutshot, should you change your name to satyr extraordinaire and have all of Ky's current population and children call you daddy?

as for selling your photos....no need as forum members can PM me and i will provide, free of charge, the location of the all the restroom stalls, rest areas bathrooms, truck stops, etc., throughout Ky where they are drawn on.

just being helpful

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Centurion
    That is a heck of a fetish that the previous poster has shared with us. It truly was and remains something that I would be very happy NOT to have been privy too.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    That is a heck of a fetish that the previous poster has shared with us. It truly was and remains something that I would be very happy NOT to have been privy too.
    Thank God he's on my ignore list; I didn't have to read it!

Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Out of curiosity, how many of the Open Carrier guys were topless?
    Yes there was one open carrier who was topless. He also wore band-aids over the "offensive bits"

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Yes there was one open carrier who was topless. He also wore band-aids over the "offensive bits"
    Boomboy has gotta stop that.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    Boomboy has gotta stop that.
    Beat me to it.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Was not Boomboy, was a newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie View Post
    Was not Boomboy, was a newbie.
    So Boomboy is slacking off?
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hayes View Post
    So Boomboy is slacking off?
    I see what you did there.

Keep it under cover.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast