Thread: Man confesses in killings of 2 Mississippi nuns

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Man confesses in killings of 2 Mississippi nuns

Man confesses in killings of 2 nuns

The watching and countdown begins.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/32853493/...ssissippi-nuns

The question is who will step forward and call for a new law restricting guns for self-defense.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-28-2016 at 09:18 AM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Link not working....

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Link not working....
    Fixed it - thanks.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member
    From the link:
    A man suspected in the slayings of two nuns found dead in their Mississippi home confessed to the killings, a sheriff said Saturday,
    Government has lied to me every day of my life. Sometimes twice a day.

Not only am I completely justified in not accepting the government's word for something, after five decades of identified lies--often only identified years later--I am completely justified in rejecting out of hand anything government says.

Now, I am not a total jerk. There is one thing I always accept as true when government says it: whenever the government is threatening someone. Oh, that I always believe.

A sheriff comes forward and says, "the suspect confessed"--I always treat that as he said/she said. When the suspect confesses in open court of his own volition, then I'll believe it--but only after carefully scrutinizing whether he was offered a plea deal to avoid the needle.
    Last edited by Citizen; 08-28-2016 at 10:06 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.