Thread: Funds depleted

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Exclamation Funds depleted

The money that Skidmark (RIP) left to help Scouser will be depleted when Dan Hawes satisfies the court costs etc. on that case.

IMO - it would be a good thing to establish a Memorial Fund to help defray the cost of future such needs. If you agree, please direct monies to Dan Hawes though the following link. Footnote simply for "Memorial Fund."

http://www.virginialegaldefense.com/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    What case is that?

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Banned
    Post #39 indicates a guilty verdict .. and appeal filed in '14? started ... of guy guilty of brandishing I am guessing

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ght=ferry+tale

So the funds would go towards this continuing appeal? [I assume that the defendant is out of jail by now?]

Or maybe the appeal was successful and now this is for a civil suit?

Head meets desk. Repeatedly.

Follow the bouncing ball.

Guilty brandishing, appealed - lost, Sup. Ct. declined. Costs incurred to be paid - funds depleted.

Funds requested for standby/future needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Follow the bouncing ball.

Guilty brandishing, appealed - lost, Sup. Ct. declined. Costs incurred to be paid - funds depleted.

Funds requested for standby/future needs.
    Which is what you said the 1st time if someone had read the post. Like FB said, head banging on table.

Quote Originally Posted by va_tazdad View Post
    Which is what you said the 1st time if someone had read the post. Like FB said, head banging on table.
    Mcbeth is not ignorant, he just plays stupid too often.

My 'clarification' was not so much for him as it was for others who he might have confused by his query.

Scouser's case is a dead issue, though he has been elevated to Poster Boy and would undoubted be pleased to see the brandishing statute abolished.

Founder's Club Member
    Thanks for the notification Grapeshot.

Thanks as well for summarizing what has gone on with Scousers case. I hadn't thought to follow the thread in a long time, so I had no idea that the whole ordeal was over. I appreciate that you summarized it for those of us who haven't kept up.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jmelvin View Post
    Thanks for the notification Grapeshot.

Thanks as well for summarizing what has gone on with Scousers case. I hadn't thought to follow the thread in a long time, so I had no idea that the whole ordeal was over. I appreciate that you summarized it for those of us who haven't kept up.
    And even reading the thread would likely not have provided the information that a reader would be interested in knowing. And one that points to threads that would take an hour to read?

Of course, one can still file a civil suit even if convicted so it was unknown as if this was the reason for the request for $$$ (civil suit purposes).

Nice to see in a thread asking for assistance that people just asking for information are treated poorly.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    And even reading the thread would likely not have provided the information that a reader would be interested in knowing. And one that points to threads that would take an hour to read?

Of course, one can still file a civil suit even if convicted so it was unknown as if this was the reason for the request for $$$ (civil suit purposes).

Nice to see in a thread asking for assistance that people just asking for information are treated poorly.
    Reading the thread would definitely provide the information or just being up to date would have done the same.

The reason was black and white clear = for future such cases.

I respond according to the post content.

It would be a consideration to help you out......again. Do we need to go there?
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-29-2016 at 03:27 PM. Reason: added

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    The money that Skidmark (RIP) left to help Scouser will be depleted when Dan Hawes satisfies the court costs etc. on that case.

IMO - it would be a good thing to establish a Memorial Fund to help defray the cost of future such needs. If you agree, please direct monies to Dan Hawes though the following link. Footnote simply for "Memorial Fund."

http://www.virginialegaldefense.com/
    Grapeshot, Please excuse my ignorance, please advise, when did Skidmark pass?

Regards
    CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    Grapeshot, Please excuse my ignorance, please advise, when did Skidmark pass?

Regards
    CCJ
    Wed., May 18th, 2016
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...highlight=dies

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...light=skidmark