Thread: Sure you can search my car - crap! They found me weed !

Banned

Sure you can search my car - crap! They found me weed !

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-me-framed/#chapter1

IDIOT ... the call to the police was not RAS or PC IMO....could have just said no.

And then the idiot let them search her dwelling !

Now I want to follow the darn story ...

if she had said no to searching the car, which she new didn't have any contraband, they would have just held it until they got a drug dog which would have alerted because there were drugs. Then they would have wanted to search her house. If she said no they'd try to get a warrant. If they got one and then didn't find anything they would assume she had ditched the evidence and charged her on the drugs in the car ... Maybe. As long as we are hypothesizing and all...

I'm interested to read the rest of this as it is published. Sounds like a smart cop didn't fall for a stupid attempted frame up from this installment. Also, sounds like, so far, that sometimes acting like an innocent person with nothing to hide and not treating every cop as an adversary can sometimes be to the citizen's benefit. Again, just from this installment.

This story has certainly piqued my interest....

ETA: Then again the last 2 chapters appear to be named "Trial" and "Ruin" so I'm guessing this doesn't have a happy ending and she should have told the cop she got to school an hour before the caller said she was driving erratic and then given the cop her attorney's phone number.
    Last edited by deepdiver; 08-28-2016 at 09:29 PM.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

He tried to reach the number the caller had given. It was fake.
    Well, there the drugs are...right there...PT Cruisers obviously are not financial incentive enough...they being renter and all.

...moving on...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    Now I want to follow the darn story ...

if she had said no to searching the car, which she new didn't have any contraband, they would have just held it until they got a drug dog which would have alerted because there were drugs. Then they would have wanted to search her house. If she said no they'd try to get a warrant. If they got one and then didn't find anything they would assume she had ditched the evidence and charged her on the drugs in the car ... Maybe. As long as we are hypothesizing and all...

I'm interested to read the rest of this as it is published. Sounds like a smart cop didn't fall for a stupid attempted frame up from this installment. Also, sounds like, so far, that sometimes acting like an innocent person with nothing to hide and not treating every cop as an adversary can sometimes be to the citizen's benefit. Again, just from this installment.

This story has certainly piqued my interest....

ETA: Then again the last 2 chapters appear to be named "Trial" and "Ruin" so I'm guessing this doesn't have a happy ending and she should have told the cop she got to school an hour before the caller said she was driving erratic and then given the cop her attorney's phone number.
    Got a search warrant with NO probable cause, over a phone call with no identity, and fake number. Add that the school backed up her story. A judge would have to be crazy to grant a warrant on such flimsy facts, or lack of them. There are any number of good reasons to refuse a search, and not because of illegal contraband. The DNA STILL would have pointed to the real criminals if they did get a flimsy search warrant.

She is lucky that the cop recognized that she was swatted, another cop and she would have been screwed anyway. I would still stick with no search without a warrant.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

One must 'register' with LAT to comment there, and I trust LAT just as much as LEO, so I didn't.

Had I, I would have instructed to NEVER EVER talk with a cop beyond verbal identification asserting Fifth Amendment and demanding an attorney.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Got a search warrant with NO probable cause, over a phone call with no identity, and fake number. Add that the school backed up her story. A judge would have to be crazy to grant a warrant on such flimsy facts, or lack of them. There are any number of good reasons to refuse a search, and not because of illegal contraband. The DNA STILL would have pointed to the real criminals if they did get a flimsy search warrant.

She is lucky that the cop recognized that she was swatted, another cop and she would have been screwed anyway. I would still stick with no search without a warrant.
    Citizen: "Officer, I will co-operate with your investigation to the full extent required by law."

Cop: "Great! So, you don't mind us searching your car?"

Citizen: "Refused. I do not consent to an encounter with you. I will not answer any questions without an attorney."

Cop: "If you have nothing to hide, why are you not cooperating with us?"

Citizen: "Officer, I will cooperate with your investigation to the full extent required by law. I absolutely will."

Cop: "But, you're not consenting to our search! You're not cooperating with us!"

Citizen: "Officer, please point out exactly how I am not cooperating with your investigation to the full extent required by law."

Note: Credit where credit is due: all the police spokesman who said, "the suspect is not cooperating with investigators." Smear tactic!! Those police spokesman could just as easily said, "the suspect is rightfully exercising his right against self-incrimination, his right to silence, invoking a precious right paid for in blood, smoke, and treasure across 576 years of English history." But, oh, no. Those spokesman tried a slimy smear tactic. Tough for them if their use of a smear tactic prompted thoughtfulness.
    Last edited by Citizen; 08-29-2016 at 10:15 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

When a citizen exercises his/her rights Leos get pissed an show their ignorance... Bully tactics always fail against an educated citizen..

My .02

Regards
    CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    When a citizen exercises his/her rights Leos get pissed an show their ignorance... Bully tactics always fail against an educated citizen..

My .02

Regards
    CCJ
    Some citizens are bully well informed:
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Some citizens are bully well informed:
    So we need a Bully Informed Citizen Association to bookend the Fully Informed Jury Association. BICA | FIJA

Update
    New surveillance images show the moment an attorney made a bogus call to police saying his PTA president rival had drugs on her - hours after he planted them her car to stitch her up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...stitch-up.html
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

From the UK Daily mail, not from the Los Angeles end Times.

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Update
    From the UK Daily Mail, but not from the US Lap Dog press. They've given up all pretense of news and are purely an propaganda outlet.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Update
    Thanks for the Cliff notes version.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    "Jill was sentenced to 120 days in prison in October 2013 and Kent was handed a 180-day sentence in September 2014, as shown in an ABC News timeline.

"She spent about 60 days behind bars and he served 87 days. Jill and Kent, both former lawyers, were ordered to pay $5.7 million in damages to Kelli in January."

"Jill has been disbarred while Kent's license to practice has been suspended."

Last edited by Grapeshot; 08-31-2016 at 12:06 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    "Jill was sentenced to 120 days in prison in October 2013 and Kent was handed a 180-day sentence in September 2014, as shown in an ABC News timeline.

"She spent about 60 days behind bars and he served 87 days. Jill and Kent, both former lawyers, were ordered to pay $5.7 million in damages to Kelli in January."

"Jill has been disbarred while Kent's license to practice has been suspended."

ROFL ... 2 lawyers with issues with the .govs.... they were framed ! LOL

Kelli told her the boy had been 'a little slow' - meaning he hadn't joined the lineup at the same time as the other students.

But Jill took it as a derogatory comment regarding her son's intelligence. Jill and her then-husband Kent tried to get Kelly fired - an attempt that culminated with planting drugs in her car.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4IvdSLovK
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

And even if they did get her convicted of drugs Kelli would likely still have her job....

And I'm guessing, based on this gene pool, that their kid was "slow" in more than one way.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 08-31-2016 at 12:40 PM.