• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sure you can search my car - crap! They found me weed !

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Now I want to follow the darn story ...

if she had said no to searching the car, which she new didn't have any contraband, they would have just held it until they got a drug dog which would have alerted because there were drugs. Then they would have wanted to search her house. If she said no they'd try to get a warrant. If they got one and then didn't find anything they would assume she had ditched the evidence and charged her on the drugs in the car ... Maybe. As long as we are hypothesizing and all...

I'm interested to read the rest of this as it is published. Sounds like a smart cop didn't fall for a stupid attempted frame up from this installment. Also, sounds like, so far, that sometimes acting like an innocent person with nothing to hide and not treating every cop as an adversary can sometimes be to the citizen's benefit. Again, just from this installment.

This story has certainly piqued my interest....

ETA: Then again the last 2 chapters appear to be named "Trial" and "Ruin" so I'm guessing this doesn't have a happy ending and she should have told the cop she got to school an hour before the caller said she was driving erratic and then given the cop her attorney's phone number.

Last edited:

OC for ME

He tried to reach the number the caller had given. It was fake.
Well, there the drugs are...right there...PT Cruisers obviously are not financial incentive enough...they being renter and all.

...moving on...

WalkingWolf

Now I want to follow the darn story ...

if she had said no to searching the car, which she new didn't have any contraband, they would have just held it until they got a drug dog which would have alerted because there were drugs. Then they would have wanted to search her house. If she said no they'd try to get a warrant. If they got one and then didn't find anything they would assume she had ditched the evidence and charged her on the drugs in the car ... Maybe. As long as we are hypothesizing and all...

I'm interested to read the rest of this as it is published. Sounds like a smart cop didn't fall for a stupid attempted frame up from this installment. Also, sounds like, so far, that sometimes acting like an innocent person with nothing to hide and not treating every cop as an adversary can sometimes be to the citizen's benefit. Again, just from this installment.

This story has certainly piqued my interest....

ETA: Then again the last 2 chapters appear to be named "Trial" and "Ruin" so I'm guessing this doesn't have a happy ending and she should have told the cop she got to school an hour before the caller said she was driving erratic and then given the cop her attorney's phone number.

Got a search warrant with NO probable cause, over a phone call with no identity, and fake number. Add that the school backed up her story. A judge would have to be crazy to grant a warrant on such flimsy facts, or lack of them. There are any number of good reasons to refuse a search, and not because of illegal contraband. The DNA STILL would have pointed to the real criminals if they did get a flimsy search warrant.

She is lucky that the cop recognized that she was swatted, another cop and she would have been screwed anyway. I would still stick with no search without a warrant.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Got a search warrant with NO probable cause, over a phone call with no identity, and fake number. Add that the school backed up her story. A judge would have to be crazy to grant a warrant on such flimsy facts, or lack of them. There are any number of good reasons to refuse a search, and not because of illegal contraband. The DNA STILL would have pointed to the real criminals if they did get a flimsy search warrant.

She is lucky that the cop recognized that she was swatted, another cop and she would have been screwed anyway. I would still stick with no search without a warrant.

Citizen: "Officer, I will co-operate with your investigation to the full extent required by law."

Cop: "Great! So, you don't mind us searching your car?"

Citizen: "Refused. I do not consent to an encounter with you. I will not answer any questions without an attorney."

Cop: "If you have nothing to hide, why are you not cooperating with us?"

Citizen: "Officer, I will cooperate with your investigation to the full extent required by law. I absolutely will."

Cop: "But, you're not consenting to our search! You're not cooperating with us!"

Citizen: "Officer, please point out exactly how I am not cooperating with your investigation to the full extent required by law."

Note: Credit where credit is due: all the police spokesman who said, "the suspect is not cooperating with investigators." Smear tactic!! Those police spokesman could just as easily said, "the suspect is rightfully exercising his right against self-incrimination, his right to silence, invoking a precious right paid for in blood, smoke, and treasure across 576 years of English history." But, oh, no. Those spokesman tried a slimy smear tactic. Tough for them if their use of a smear tactic prompted thoughtfulness.

Last edited:

countryclubjoe

When a citizen exercises his/her rights Leos get pissed an show their ignorance... Bully tactics always fail against an educated citizen..

My .02

Regards
CCJ

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
When a citizen exercises his/her rights Leos get pissed an show their ignorance... Bully tactics always fail against an educated citizen..

My .02

Regards
CCJ
Some citizens are bully well informed:
rooseveltlaughing.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"Jill was sentenced to 120 days in prison in October 2013 and Kent was handed a 180-day sentence in September 2014, as shown in an ABC News timeline.

"She spent about 60 days behind bars and he served 87 days. Jill and Kent, both former lawyers, were ordered to pay $5.7 million in damages to Kelli in January."

"Jill has been disbarred while Kent's license to practice has been suspended."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-planted-pills-marijuana-car-stitch-up.html

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
"Jill was sentenced to 120 days in prison in October 2013 and Kent was handed a 180-day sentence in September 2014, as shown in an ABC News timeline.

"She spent about 60 days behind bars and he served 87 days. Jill and Kent, both former lawyers, were ordered to pay $5.7 million in damages to Kelli in January."

"Jill has been disbarred while Kent's license to practice has been suspended."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rs-planted-pills-marijuana-car-stitch-up.html

ROFL ... 2 lawyers with issues with the .govs.... they were framed ! LOL

Kelli told her the boy had been 'a little slow' - meaning he hadn't joined the lineup at the same time as the other students.

But Jill took it as a derogatory comment regarding her son's intelligence. Jill and her then-husband Kent tried to get Kelly fired - an attempt that culminated with planting drugs in her car.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ls-marijuana-car-stitch-up.html#ixzz4IvdSLovK
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

And even if they did get her convicted of drugs Kelli would likely still have her job....

And I'm guessing, based on this gene pool, that their kid was "slow" in more than one way.

Last edited: