Thread: Missouri permit.

Missouri permit.

Does anyone know if Missouri permit is accepted in Colorado? Also my company is relocating me to Colorado (denver area) can someone point me in the direction of links of gun laws for the state so I can research the dos and donts of your fine state.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by repomasterstl View Post
    Does anyone know if Missouri permit is accepted in Colorado? Also my company is relocating me to Colorado (denver area) can someone point me in the direction of links of gun laws for the state so I can research the dos and donts of your fine state.

yes, it is. this is a good source for cc reciprocity and carry laws. http://www.handgunlaw.us/
    of course for OC stuff the go to is the home pages of www.opencarry.org
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

I forgot all about that site. I really appreciate it.

denver city proper & denver county is a no OC allowed area as discussed numerous times on this forum.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

One thing that is not clear to me in the Missouri state law is whether or not your permit is valid should you cease being a resident is the state. You might want to have a look at that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kcgunfan View Post
    One thing that is not clear to me in the Missouri state law is whether or not your permit is valid should you cease being a resident is the state. You might want to have a look at that.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    Technically, once you move out of the county that issued the permit to another location you need to "update" your permit. RSMo 571.101.5
    Any person issued a concealed carry permit pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121, or a concealed carry endorsement issued prior to August 28, 2013, shall notify the sheriff of the new jurisdiction of the permit or endorsement holder's change of residence within thirty days after the changing of a permanent residence to a location outside the county of permit issuance. ...

http://www.moga.mo.gov/mostatutes/st...1.html?&me=571
    So, once you move, your MO permit is null and void after 30 days. Though, it is a wee bit vague (does not mention at all) if a permit is null and void immediately is the citizen moves out of state permanently. To be safe I would find out if you can get a CO permit before moving. Good luck.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    yes, it is. this is a good source for cc reciprocity and carry laws. http://www.handgunlaw.us/
    of course for OC stuff the go to is the home pages of www.opencarry.org
    The latter hasn't been updated since 2014...
    * The facts referred to in this post are not intended to advocate breaking any local, state or federal laws. It is incumbent on the reader to determine the consequences of any illegal activities.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dario View Post
    The latter hasn't been updated since 2014...
    I don't think that there has been any change since before then.

If you have information to the contrary, please post it.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I don't think that there has been any change since before then.

If you have information to the contrary, please post it.
    Nothing has happened since Open Carry Walk Planned For North Little Rock in 2014?

I could find a dozen articles relevant to OC from this year alone. It would be nice to see fresh articles on the home page, IMO.
    * The facts referred to in this post are not intended to advocate breaking any local, state or federal laws. It is incumbent on the reader to determine the consequences of any illegal activities.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dario View Post
    Nothing has happened since Open Carry Walk Planned For North Little Rock in 2014?

I could find a dozen articles relevant to OC from this year alone. It would be nice to see fresh articles on the home page, IMO.
    Thank you for volunteering Post them with links on the sub-forum main page.

The original reference was to the OCDO general information/map page, not to the state specific sub-forum.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Thank you for volunteering Post them with links on the sub-forum main page.

The original reference was to the OCDO general information/map page, not to the state specific sub-forum.
    nicely done grape...dario, you just got volun-told!!!

well played grape.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain