Thread: Appeals court upholds ban on gun sales to medical marijuana card holders

Appeals court upholds ban on gun sales to medical marijuana card holders

A federal government ban on the sale of guns to medical marijuana card holders does not violate the 2nd Amendment, a federal appeals court said Wednesday.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/31...d-holders.html
    9th Circus decision.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    9th Circus decision.
    so, basically whether you lie or tell the truth on the FBI form, people with medical ID cards are doomed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

doubt is a distraction from reality. fear is acknowledging doubt as reality.

it's time to tap in to a higher reality; the one you were made for.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer6 View Post
    so, basically whether you lie or tell the truth on the FBI form, people with medical ID cards are doomed.
    The FFL was not going to go to jail for selling a gun to a confessed drug user. I don't blame him. His personal opinion of medical weed use/users is irrelevant.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

The entire adult population of the state of Colorado has been granted license to possess and use marijuana. Does this mean that all adults in Colorado can no longer possess firearms?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9th Circus decision.
    It would appear that the 9th circuit justices are taking some type of licensed or unlicensed drugs..
    In my humble opinion, SCOTUS, will over rule this unconstitutional decision.

Regards
    CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by lockman View Post
    The entire adult population of the state of Colorado has been granted license to possess and use marijuana. Does this mean that all adults in Colorado can no longer possess firearms?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Yes, and rightly so...if CO residents were subject to the 9th Circus that is. We will need to wait and see if the 10th is asked the same question(s).

Banned
    9th Circus decision.
    That decision is in conflict with their natural rights .. essentially void, as all decisions relating to regulating natural rights are.

Any converts to this idea yet now?

.govs are adding to the list of prohibited persons concerning our RKBA every day .. one day one will affect you.