Thread: Idiots have zero clue what they are doing...MM bees dead

Banned

Idiots have zero clue what they are doing...MM bees dead

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/%e...4q3?li=BBnb7Kz

Lets see ... .govs made Zika virus via genetic manipulation ... and now .govs want to kill all insects to save a handful of humans.

why kill the bees? they don't really have the ability to transmit the virus.

there are plenty of chemicals hazardous to mosquitoes and not bees.

if I was a bee keeper, i'd probably be getting pissed at my colony decimation.

In 1986 HTLV-III was reported in mosquitos in Belle Glade, Florida. Then HTLV-III/HIV became AIDS and was forgotten.

ZVD is the new HIV and mosquito injected abortifacient, differing in target subculture only in its selection.

Bee hives/colonies are not "decimated" (one in ten) but extirpated.

The Roman Legions would punish a a community by lining up the males capable of bearing arms and kill every tenth man.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-01-2016 at 09:31 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    In 1986 HTLV-III was reported in mosquitos in Belle Glade, Florida. Then HTLV-III/HIV became AIDS and was forgotten.

ZVD is the new HIV and mosquito injected abortifacient, differing in target subculture only in its selection.

Bee hives/colonies are not "decimated" (one in ten) but extirpated.

The Roman Legions would punish a a community by lining up the males capable of bearing arms and kill every tenth man.
    True enough, but hardly any consolation for either the beekeepers or families of those impacted.

Consider also that the modern meaning has evolved to include slaughter, massacre.
    http://www.thesaurus.com/browse/decimated
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-02-2016 at 02:03 AM. Reason: added
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    [ ... ]Consider also that the modern meaning has evolved to include slaughter, massacre.
    Modern meaning has evolved to whatever the speaker/author desires it to mean (conferre, word-salad).

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Modern meaning has evolved to whatever the speaker/author desires it to mean (conferre, word-salad).
    My Captain Midnight decoder badge has not failed me yet.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    My Captain Midnight decoder badge has not failed me yet.
    Nor has mine, though I use an antiquarian and low tech version, but the youngsters have become dependent on theirs' that may not be an authorized edition.

ATM local ****servative radio is covering the job market numbers, might the two dots be connected? Also the historic high Milwaukee homicide rate. We can't fix what we can't speak.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-02-2016 at 01:29 PM.

Nor has mine, though I use an antiquarian and low tech version, but the youngsters have become dependent on theirs' that may not be an authorized edition.

ATM local cuckservative radio is covering the job market numbers, might the two dots be connected? Also the historic high Milwaukee homicide rate. We can't fix what we can't speak.
    if your a beekeeper, and have multiple colonies of around 1000 bees each, and at the end of the year your colonies have had their population count per colony drop by several hundred where a few colonies are floundering and or dieing and will soon be no more, then I believe "decimated" to be an appropriate word by definition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    if your a beekeeper, and have multiple colonies of around 1000 bees each, and at the end of the year your colonies have had their population count per colony drop by several hundred where a few colonies are floundering and or dieing and will soon be no more, then I believe "decimated" to be an appropriate word by definition.
    By definition you know nothing of keeping, hives or bees. A hive of 1,000 is either a young starter package colony (package starter colonies are 1,000 - 2,000), or a moribund hive if mature. 20,000 - 30,000 is a typical beekeeper's colony size.

State Researcher
    A sad and avoidable incident. Avoidable in several ways especially when spraying for waterborne mosquitos rather than for insects that bother the same plants bees pollinate.

1-Avoid spraying near bee hives. Hives tend to be easy to spot. Anyone who can't identify a modern bee hive has no business being tasked to commercially spray insecticides.

2-Spray in the evening. Bees are headed home and less likely to be affected. By the time they leave the hive the next morning, the spray has settled onto areas of little interest to honeybees.

3-Give the beekeepers a little notice. It is entirely possible and usually quite practical to seal up the hives for a day to reduce exposure to insecticide if the spraying has to be done during the day and has to be done in areas near hives. You still need to avoid directly spraying the hive itself, but can spray the area around it without too much problem for the bees if they are confined to the hive for the day. On especially hot days confinement can cause problems. But on moderate days, entirely possible and safe to confine the bees inside the hive for 24 hours.

As for colony size, somewhere between 20k and 50k during peak spring summer months; almost all of which are female worker bees, plus 1 queen, and a few hundred male drones. Over the winter the number drops as low 10k (for a hive that survives and comes out of winter healthy; it can drop to zero for hives that don't survive), with no or almost no drones present.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    Then afterwards the rest of the bees work harder I assume?