• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another case showing judges might know the 4th amend

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://media.ca11.uscourts.gov/opinions/unpub/files/201515659.pdf

This one involves a cop going to the door of a dwelling, blocking the door when owner tried to close, getting a broken nose etc.

The owner sued him for unlawful entry (all charges related to his battery on the cop ? Acquitted of the charges ~~ but really there should never have any charges at all --- the .govs can brake the law with relative impunity? rubbish).

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Note: It is definitely worth reading the court opinion at the link provided by the OPer. Even though there is an open question of law, there is lots of settled law available right in the opinion. Plenty of law available in a short reading. I dare say that when it comes to learning law on the right against unreasonable search and seizure, this case packs more lessons into less space than most.

Thanks for posting, McBeth.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Very instructive indeed...
But Bratt put his arm across her chest to prevent her from approaching George. Immediately, George yelled “domestic violence” and began pushing on the door.
Judge Dredd policing at its best. Amazing that this nitwit retains his job.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Very instructive indeed... Judge Dredd policing at its best. Amazing that this nitwit retains his job.
Not any worse that the OEO loudly telling the unconscious person to "stop resisting" as the OEO is attempting to handcuff his victim!

Or 2 different OEO's pulling the same arm different directions and loudly yelling at the owner of the arm to "stop resisting"!

davidmcbeth

Banned
Very instructive indeed... Judge Dredd policing at its best. Amazing that this nitwit retains his job.

45842094.jpg