Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wash. Attorney General proposes ban

Wash. Attorney General proposes ban

"A ban on semiautomatic weapons with military-style features that render them more easily concealable or more deadly; and
    A limit on magazine capacity currently unlimited under Washington law to a maximum of 10 rounds of ammunition."
    Hail TRUMP Victory. Hail TRUMP Sieg! Hail TRUMP Siegreich!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    "A ban on semiautomatic weapons with military-style features that render them more easily concealable or more deadly; and
    A limit on magazine capacity currently unlimited under Washington law to a maximum of 10 rounds of ammunition."
    Aaah yes - the more deadly argument.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

More "concealable"?! So we're talking all semi-auto handguns?
    Guns don't kill people, bullets do!

Banned
    I assume that this would not affect my single shot rifle? Of course it wouldn't ... such "bans" are immediately void.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Aaah yes - the more deadly argument.
    Its not the gun folks ..... the high school shooter only used 10 rd mags remember ...

And shotguns are better in such places in any event. Nice GFZ with only a guy who wants to go home.

Atty. General Ferguson: "I don't propose bills that I don't think won't pass." @KIRO7Seattle

Gotta love the morons use of double negatives here. He's basically saying that he doesn't propose bills he thinks will pass.

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    Atty. General Ferguson: "I don't propose bills that I don't think won't pass." @KIRO7Seattle. Gotta love the morons use of double negatives here. He's basically saying that he doesn't propose bills he thinks will pass.
    Gotta love the morons that can't count the negations, here there are three, and three lefts do make a right.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-07-2016 at 03:56 PM.

Gotta love the morons that can't count the negations, here there are three, and three lefts do make a right.
    Two negatives make each other void. One negative remains. Take any two of those out and you'll understand what is being said.
    Last edited by tombrewster421; 09-07-2016 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Its not the gun folks ..... the high school shooter only used 10 rd mags remember ...

And shotguns are better in such places in any event. Nice GFZ with only a guy who wants to go home.
    Do you have a citation for the mag size he used? It would certainly be handy in a discussion.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Tapatalk double posted.
    Last edited by tombrewster421; 09-07-2016 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tombrewster421 View Post
    Atty. General Ferguson: "I don't propose bills...".
    (S)He should stop there. It's not the job of the AG to propose anything.

Can someone officially file an ethics complaint or lawsuit if the AG is using the power/time of office to do that?

And warning to all, the link in the OP starts an audio file of some sort. I closed the page, and refuse to patronize websites that do that.
    Last edited by MAC702; 09-07-2016 at 05:47 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Good question.

Thumbs up

Wash. Attorney General is another great gun salesmen. Wow looks like a run on AR 15s soon.
    Even if he gets his way, the Washington state market will be saturated with AR 15s very soon.
    I bet he has stock in the fire arms industry.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    (S)He should stop there. It's not the job of the AG to propose anything.

Can someone officially file an ethics complaint or lawsuit if the AG is using the power/time of office to do that?

And warning to all, the link in the OP starts an audio file of some sort. I closed the page, and refuse to patronize websites that do that.
    RCW 43.10.030
    General powers and duties.
    The attorney general shall:
    (1) Appear for and represent the state before the supreme court or the court of appeals in all cases in which the state is interested;
    (2) Institute and prosecute all actions and proceedings for, or for the use of the state, which may be necessary in the execution of the duties of any state officer;
    (3) Defend all actions and proceedings against any state officer or employee acting in his or her official capacity, in any of the courts of this state or the United States;
    (4) Consult with and advise the several prosecuting attorneys in matters relating to the duties of their office, and when the interests of the state require, he or she shall attend the trial of any person accused of a crime, and assist in the prosecution;
    (5) Consult with and advise the governor, members of the legislature, and other state officers, and when requested, give written opinions upon all constitutional or legal questions relating to the duties of such officers;
    (6) Prepare proper drafts of contracts and other instruments relating to subjects in which the state is interested;
    (7) Give written opinions, when requested by either branch of the legislature, or any committee thereof, upon constitutional or legal questions;
    (8) Enforce the proper application of funds appropriated for the public institutions of the state, and prosecute corporations for failure or refusal to make the reports required by law;
    (9) Keep in proper books a record of all cases prosecuted or defended by him or her, on behalf of the state or its officers, and of all proceedings had in relation thereto, and deliver the same to his or her successor in office;
    (10) Keep books in which he or she shall record all the official opinions given by him or her during his or her term of office, and deliver the same to his or her successor in office;
    (11) Pay into the state treasury all moneys received by him or her for the use of the state.

BOHICA alert

<snip>
    Sen. David Frockt (D-46) and Sen. Kevin Ranker (D-40) are working with Ferguson to craft the legislation.

If you want a preview of what it will look like then here is your link.

http://app.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/summa...2015&bill=63103

Take note of the other sponsors to this bill, specifically Jayapal, Pederson and Habib. http://app.leg.wa.gov/Rosters/Members

Frockt and Ranker are no slouches, it is the same ole' drum beat just another drummer.

Stay vigilant. !!

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

RCW 43.10.030
    General powers and duties.
    The attorney general shall:
    ...(5) Consult with and advise the governor, members of the legislature, and other state officers...
    Thanks. I guess that's broad enough to allow such unconstitutional idiocy.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Thanks. I guess that's broad enough to allow such unconstitutional idiocy.
    The practical effect is that the AG is prohibited from answering citizens' questions. It is a common provision, familiar to me from South Carolina and Wisconsin.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    The practical effect is that the AG is prohibited from answering citizens' questions. It is a common provision, familiar to me from South Carolina and Wisconsin.
    In most (all?) states. the AG is the chief law enforcement officer and the state's attorney - not for mere commoners.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Did I read this right? No more open carry.

Snip
    9 (ii) Exhibits the firearm in a public place

Quote Originally Posted by phoneguy View Post
    Snip
    9 (ii) Exhibits the firearm in a public place
    You misread it.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

the question is what do we do about it?

Many people are so uniformed about firearms they wouldn't realise everything he said today was a lie.

the fire in a crowded theater aregument is an old strawman that tries to compare misuse of a civil liberty with preventing a civil liberty from being exercised for fear someone MIGHT misuse it.
    Last edited by Schlepnier; 09-07-2016 at 08:27 PM.
    +thought for the day+
    ++victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none++

Another problem in this state there a lot of "pro" gun people that think that us lowly citizens should not have ARs & AKs.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Molon labe!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    Do you have a citation for the mag size he used? It would certainly be handy in a discussion.
    The Columbine shooter (one of them) used just 1o rd mags, did not expend all rds in them in his shooting ... a google search should present you with more than one source of information to allow you to choose one..if you need to cite a source.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast