• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wash. Attorney General proposes ban

davidmcbeth

Banned
Do you have a citation for the mag size he used? It would certainly be handy in a discussion.

The Columbine shooter (one of them) used just 1o rd mags, did not expend all rds in them in his shooting ... a google search should present you with more than one source of information to allow you to choose one..if you need to cite a source.

Whitney

The squeaky wheel gets the oil

the question is what do we do about it?

Many people are so uniformed about firearms they wouldn't realise everything he said today was a lie.

the fire in a crowded theater aregument is an old strawman that tries to compare misuse of a civil liberty with preventing a civil liberty from being exercised for fear someone MIGHT misuse it.

What to do?
Go to the bills by topic page here. http://app.leg.wa.gov/billsbytopic/Results.aspx?letter=F&year=2015

Look at all the firearms bills ........... this state has proposed and subsequently passed a lot of self serving laws that do nothing to empower the regular citizen.

When laws like 594 can be passed because men with money buy adds and grease palms the only thing you can do is use the system we have.

This has NOTHING to do with "need" it has EVERYTHING to do with "rights". As an example Moms demand Action claim you dont need this or that or large capacity magazines the majority of voters don't turn out to vote against the proposed legislation. Now your rights get whittled away one small piece at a time.

Joe Waldron puts out a news letter "GOAL POST" during the legislative session, subscribe to it. He is one advocate that takes the time to summarize bills and he does a pretty good job; i don't always agree with his stance but he is honest and strait shooting.

If you want to subscribe to the GOAL Post by e-mail, send a message to "jwaldron@halcyon.com" or to "goalwa@cox.net.". Please pass GOAL Post on to anyone you believe may have an interest in protecting our rights. Better yet, make a couple of copies of this message, post it on your gun club’s bulletin board, and leave copies with your local gun shop(s). PERMISSION IS HEREBY GRANTED TO DUPLICATE OR REDISTRIBUTE GOAL POST PROVIDED IT IS REPRODUCED IN ITS ENTIRETY WITHOUT TEXTUAL MODIFICATION AND CREDIT IS GIVEN TO GOAL. I can be reached at "jwaldron@halcyon.com" or by telephone at (425) 985-4867.

Make an appointment with your elected representatives and have a short meeting to discuss your concerns with regard to this proposed legislation. Follow up with them after your meeting by commenting on the bills you are interested in.
The legislative website is getting easier to use every year; PM me if you want some pointers or examples of bills I have commented on in the past.

Dont be shy about sending mail to other members of the House or Senate, particularly if they are the sponsor of a bill or signed on as Cosponsor.

(Short personal note; when Open Carry was banned in the gallery I sort of lambasted the entire legislature by email for not following their own rules and cited same rules.) I got a lot of good feedback, just keep it civil and on point.

It is very frustrating and sometimes infuriating but we are making progress notwithstanding the gloom and doom presented by the media.

~Whitney

davidmcbeth

Banned
You need to go and give committee testimony that you would nullify such laws as a jurist, as is your right. And implore all others to nullify.

They can pass whatever they like, we decide who is convicted (sometimes).

Tell them if the law passes you will not convict anyone of any crime not matter how horrible until your rights are honored.

mikeyb

Do you have a citation for the mag size he used? It would certainly be handy in a discussion.
According to wiki:

On the day of the massacre, Harris was equipped with a 12-gauge Savage-Springfield 67H pump-action shotgun (which he discharged a total of 25 times) and a Hi-Point 995 Carbine 9 mm carbine with thirteen 10-round magazines (which he fired a total of 96 times).
Klebold was equipped with a 9×19mm Intratec TEC-9 semi-automatic handgun with one 52-, one 32-, and one 28-round magazine and a 12-gauge Stevens 311D double-barreled sawed-off shotgun. Klebold primarily fired the TEC-9 handgun for a total of 55 times, while he discharged a total of 12 rounds from his double-barreled shotgun.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbine_High_School_massacre#Gun_control

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
When Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson announced that he will propose legislation to ban so-called “assault weapons,” the chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms had a blistering response.
http://www.atg.wa.gov/news/news-rel...s-ban-assault-weapons-high-capacity-magazines

“Unfortunately,” said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb, “Washington state has an attorney general that attacks constitutional rights instead of defending them. He is bought and paid for by the gun prohibition lobby.”
http://libertyparkpress.com/washington-state-ag-wants-gun-ban-ccrkba-chairman-responds/

solus

When Washington State Attorney General Bob Ferguson announced that he will propose legislation to ban so-called “assault weapons,” the chairman of the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms had a blistering response.
http://www.atg.wa.gov/news/news-rel...s-ban-assault-weapons-high-capacity-magazines

“Unfortunately,” said CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb, “Washington state has an attorney general that attacks constitutional rights instead of defending them. He is bought and paid for by the gun prohibition lobby.”
http://libertyparkpress.com/washington-state-ag-wants-gun-ban-ccrkba-chairman-responds/

unfortunately, the WA AG gets front page on mainstream news outlets while those jumping up and down are regaled to what are considered renegade internet rags... especially when the article is surrounded by such grandiose news articles as, 'solar treasure hunt', 'deer picks a winner', or my apparent favorite: HILARIOUS: 15 Second Redneck Gun Safety Lesson . . . Fail

i barely took the story seriously watching bambi face plant a bike racer, so Gottlieb can rant all he wants for the majority of WA constituents won't see a word he says.

ipse

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I was thinking something a bit more proactive, like working to inform the public he is lying and/or helping his libertarian opponant win.

dcc82a302f00d051a6019eb99f508aefbc2ae56cc6e30e827007c6e788cf95c7.jpg

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Have they come out with a better trigger for them yet? I understand that is the only improvement they need.

The industry has known for fifty+ years that the triggers on bullpups almost always suck. Yet Tavor sold tens of thousands of them to people complaining about the trigger. I guess they are just that cool to make up for it.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The industry has known for fifty+ years that the triggers on bullpups almost always suck. Yet Tavor sold tens of thousands of them to people complaining about the trigger. I guess they are just that cool to make up for it.
Two grand is a lot of cool. :rolleyes:

mikeyb

I propose the WA attorney general be thrown out of a C-130 over the Arctic Ocean.

I assume you would provide him with a parachute, because we don't condone random acts of violence here...

I'm just going to do my part and vote the [personal attack redacted] out of office.

Also, I'm voting no on the King County gender-neutral language change of the charter.

Life isn't gender-neutral; get over it!