Thread: Another win for RKBA

Another win for RKBA

FUQ: https://www.saf.org/appeals-court-ru...ase-2a-rights/

September 7th, 2016

APPEALS COURT RULES THAT NON-SERIOUS CONVICTIONS DO NOT ERASE 2A RIGHTS

BELLEVUE, WA – The Third U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals has ruled that individuals convicted of certain non-serious misdemeanor crimes do not lose their fundamental rights under the Second Amendment in a decision involving two separate cases brought by the Second Amendment Foundation.

The unanimous ruling came from an en banc panel in the combined cases of Binderup v. the U.S. Attorney General and Suarez v. the U.S. Attorney General.
    Last edited by defcon4; 09-07-2016 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Edited to FUQ

I can't tell it this is a copyright violation or not.

Everything on the page was copied except the copyright notice.

Second Amendment Foundation
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-07-2016 at 04:29 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Sorry if I did not post this properly. This article was posted to Facebook by 2nd Amendment Foundation and I just copied and pasted here. I am not familiar with the rules regarding posting things such as this. Moderators feel free to delete this thread if necessary. Any tips on how to properly post news articles would be greatly appreciated.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by defcon4 View Post
    Sorry if I did not post this properly. This article was posted to Facebook by 2nd Amendment Foundation and I just copied and pasted here. I am not familiar with the rules regarding posting things such as this. Moderators feel free to delete this thread if necessary. Any tips on how to properly post news articles would be greatly appreciated.
    Simply use a FUQ (Fair Use Quote = a snippet) and provide a link to the original.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by defcon4 View Post
    This article was posted to Facebook by 2nd Amendment Foundation and I just copied and pasted here.
    Thanks for sharing!

Banned
    http://www2.ca3.uscourts.gov/opinarch/144549p.pdf

Link to decision ... court examined under that mystically court created intermediate standard ... I need no .gov to inform me of my rights; I know what they are ~ if they wish to try to suppress them they are free to try, and many have tried.

Learned comment and discussion at Volokh Conspiracy, link to precedential decision.

Can some people who have finished their felony sentences recover their Second Amendment rights?

Professor Eugene Volokh: "[ ... ] An interesting decision, though perhaps not the last word: If the government chooses to petition the Supreme Court for review (a decision that it can wait to make until after the election), it’s likely that the court will agree to hear the case.

For those interested in how these decisions split by the party appointing such a judge, there was indeed such a split here, though imperfect. The 3-judge lead opinion, which would protect some felons’ gun rights claims, was 2-1 Democratic appointees. The 5-judge concurrence, which would protect some more felons’ gun rights claims, was 5-0 Republican appointees. And the 7-judge dissent, which would completely reject felons’ gun rights claims, was 6-1 Democratic appointees.

Congratulations to Alan Gura, who won Heller and McDonald v. City of Chicago, and has now also won this case."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ndment-rights/

http://www2.ca3.uscourts.gov/opinarch/144549p.pdf
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-08-2016 at 06:56 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.