Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 29

Thread: McAuliffe doesn't want "your kind" in Virginia

  1. #1
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616

    McAuliffe doesn't want "your kind" in Virginia

    Whether a resident or non-resident, please respond.

    From a Va-Alert:

    We need those of you **who have not yet** commented against the Governor's state-agency gun-ban, to do so on the Virginia Regulatory Town Hall webpage!

    The antis are continuing to submit comments supporting the ban, narrowing our lead (around 2,500 gun owners have comments opposing, but there are 28,000 of you on this email list alone - so we need to rest to step up to the plate).

    EVEN IF THE GOVERNOR GOES AHEAD WITH HIS PERMANENT BAN, VCDL PLANS ON USING THE DISPARITY IN COMMENTS TO HELP PUSH THROUGH A STATE AGENCY PREEMPTION BILL IN THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY. That would solve this issue and others in one-fell-swoop.

    Let's make sure that disparity in comments continues to be huge - please add your comment if you haven't done so yet. Pass this email on to gun-oriented chat groups and to anyone else who should be with us on this issue.


    IT'S FAST AND EASY - ADD YOUR COMMENT TO THE LIST!

    Suggested comment title: "I OPPOSE this regulation!"

    Suggested comment: "I OPPOSE banning lawfully carried firearms in state agency buildings."

    Click here to put in your comment on the Virginia Regulatory Town Hall webpage:

    http://townhall.virginia.gov/L/comme...m?stageid=7579

    --

    Let's roll, ladies and gentlemen!
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Grape I got a page error .. no access.

    This me or your link?

  3. #3
    Centurion
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Posts
    3,828
    Worked just fine for me.....

    My Comment----
    I strongly oppose this regulation. "...The RIGHT of the PEOPLE to KEEP and BEAR ARMS shall NOT be INFRINGED!" (emphasis added) 2nd amendment of the US Constitution. This proposed regulation does CERTAINLY INFRINGE on my Constitutionally Protected Right to keep and bear arms!
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

    Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    Worked for me.

    In re "Strongly oppose ... " https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bOnRHAyXqYY
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-08-2016 at 04:35 PM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  5. #5
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Grape I got a page error .. no access.

    This me or your link?
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeSparky View Post
    Worked just fine for me.....

    My Comment----
    Strange - neither the original link nor alternates will connect now for me.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Strange - neither the original link nor alternates will connect now for me.
    Must be a Cookie Monster. Worked for me on my individual cookie approval high security no function but HTML browser. Just now went back and checked.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  7. #7
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,735
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Whether a resident or non-resident, please respond.

    From a Va-Alert:

    We need those of you **who have not yet** commented against the Governor's state-agency gun-ban, to do so on the Virginia Regulatory Town Hall webpage!

    The antis are continuing to submit comments supporting the ban, narrowing our lead (around 2,500 gun owners have comments opposing, but there are 28,000 of you on this email list alone - so we need to rest to step up to the plate).

    EVEN IF THE GOVERNOR GOES AHEAD WITH HIS PERMANENT BAN, VCDL PLANS ON USING THE DISPARITY IN COMMENTS TO HELP PUSH THROUGH A STATE AGENCY PREEMPTION BILL IN THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY. That would solve this issue and others in one-fell-swoop.

    Let's make sure that disparity in comments continues to be huge - please add your comment if you haven't done so yet. Pass this email on to gun-oriented chat groups and to anyone else who should be with us on this issue.


    IT'S FAST AND EASY - ADD YOUR COMMENT TO THE LIST!

    Suggested comment title: "I OPPOSE this regulation!"

    Suggested comment: "I OPPOSE banning lawfully carried firearms in state agency buildings."

    Click here to put in your comment on the Virginia Regulatory Town Hall webpage:

    http://townhall.virginia.gov/L/comme...m?stageid=7579

    --

    Let's roll, ladies and gentlemen!
    I guess I don't get it. You supply a link, but where do I post a comment? Do I have to sign up and supply my personal info?

  8. #8
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    I guess I don't get it. You supply a link, but where do I post a comment? Do I have to sign up and supply my personal info?
    In posting a comment/reply, you do supply a minimum of personal info.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  9. #9
    Accomplished Advocate BB62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,887
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    I guess I don't get it. You supply a link, but where do I post a comment? Do I have to sign up and supply my personal info?
    Um... by using the button/hotlink labeled "Enter a comment"?


  10. #10
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,735
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Um... by using the button/hotlink labeled "Enter a comment"?

    Thanks for answering my question.

  11. #11
    Activist Member JamesCanby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Alexandria, VA at www.NoVA-MDSelfDefense.com
    Posts
    1,543
    Done
    Air Force Veteran
    NRA Life Member
    VCDL Member
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearm Safety, Personal Protection
    Maryland Qualified Handgun Instructor
    Certified Instructor, Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore, Inc.
    Member, Mt. Washington Rod & Gun Club
    National Sporting Clays Association Certified Referee

  12. #12
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Well the link is working again for me.

    Thanks to all that are posting there. Let's roll!
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Strange - neither the original link nor alternates will connect now for me.
    working now ......

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Leesburg VA
    Posts
    159
    Done.

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Fredericksburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    13
    Done!

  16. #16
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Whether a resident or non-resident, please respond....
    I got lucky catching the thread. Maybe move (or second, with a link to here) in the Hot Topics forum?

    Nice to see so many comments. I had to scroll a while before I saw a nondescript subject line from someone claiming to be "responsible." Sure enough, that was an anti- with no real information, just an emotional appeal from a "mother of a murdered daughter." I wonder if her daughter was armed, or if her mother had taught her that was a bad thing?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  17. #17
    Campaign Veteran roscoe13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Catlett, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,134
    Done...
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good." - George Washington

  18. #18
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I got lucky catching the thread. Maybe move (or second, with a link to here) in the Hot Topics forum?

    Nice to see so many comments. I had to scroll a while before I saw a nondescript subject line from someone claiming to be "responsible." Sure enough, that was an anti- with no real information, just an emotional appeal from a "mother of a murdered daughter." I wonder if her daughter was armed, or if her mother had taught her that was a bad thing?
    Good suggestion - cross posted it, linked to this thread.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-09-2016 at 02:06 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  19. #19
    Regular Member Griz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    300
    As a former resident, done.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I got lucky catching the thread. Maybe move (or second, with a link to here) in the Hot Topics forum?

    Nice to see so many comments. I had to scroll a while before I saw a nondescript subject line from someone claiming to be "responsible." Sure enough, that was an anti- with no real information, just an emotional appeal from a "mother of a murdered daughter." I wonder if her daughter was armed, or if her mother had taught her that was a bad thing?
    I'm totally irresponsible. Does this mean I cannot have guns? LOL

  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Lynchburg
    Posts
    591
    Done.

    From the first post it appears there is some method to count the comments for support or opposition. I see nothing on the comment page for determining that. Care to share where or how to get that info?

    Nemo
    Last edited by Va_Nemo; 09-09-2016 at 09:53 PM.

  22. #22
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Va_Nemo View Post
    Done.

    From the first post it appears there is some method to count the comments for support or opposition. I see nothing on the comment page for determining that. Care to share where or how to get that info?

    Nemo
    Thank you for volunteering to make a manual count.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Thank you for volunteering to make a manual count.
    At the moment there are 85 pages of 50 comments per page.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  24. #24
    Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Chesterfield, Va.
    Posts
    34,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    At the moment there are 85 pages of 50 comments per page.
    How many pro vs number anti? Note that some subject lines can be misleading.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

    Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    How many pro vs number anti? Note that some subject lines can be misleading.
    That is the problem with empirical data, piecewise evaluation and counting. We know how our correspondents looove carping about descriptive statistics.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •