• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

McAuliffe doesn't want "your kind" in Virginia

Infidel

Posted

Here is my reply to the Open House page:
State Building Gun Ban

I OPPOSE this action as being in violation with the state and federal Constitution.
Section 1. Equality and rights of men

That all men are by nature equally free and independent and have certain inherent rights, of which, when they enter into a state of society, they cannot, by any compact, deprive or divest their posterity; namely, the enjoyment of life and liberty, with the means of acquiring and possessing property, and pursuing and obtaining happiness and safety. Taken from: http://law.lis.virginia.gov/constitution/article1/section1/

Life and Liberty do not stop at the entrance to building, and niether does ones safety.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. Taken from: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/charters/bill_of_rights_transcript.html

Our rights to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!

Thank You for your time,

drsysadmin

Done.

This regulation would be unlawful unless I misunderstand VA law. The executive branch of the state has no authority to deprive or restrict a citizens rights without INDIVIDUAL due process - which this regulation would not allow for. A public "request for comment" is a "mass" action and does not meet the required standard.

The only place that I can think of that this would be lawful would be any of the "Governor's residence" locations WHILE the Governor or his family were in face "in residence".

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Done.

This regulation would be unlawful unless I misunderstand VA law. The executive branch of the state has no authority to deprive or restrict a citizens rights without INDIVIDUAL due process - which this regulation would not allow for. A public "request for comment" is a "mass" action and does not meet the required standard.

The only place that I can think of that this would be lawful would be any of the "Governor's residence" locations WHILE the Governor or his family were in face "in residence".
A regulation cannot be unlawful. There is no statute or ordinance making it so.

In this case, it is a warning that if you violate the directive a nice officer will be called who can charge you with the illegal act of trespass.

Last edited: