• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Vancouver Clinic

CitizenJohn

Within the last 30 days, the Vancouver Clinics in Clark County have posted their entry points with the "Weapons Free Zone" (firearms and knives) placards and prohibited their employees from having firearms in their vehicles while on property. Evidently, a patient was discovered with a pistol during a CT exam and the tech freaked out.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Almost all medical offices/facilities are GFZs, even though they may not be posted as such.
Could that be because such facilities are dependent on victims?

Somewhere in my file at MCV/VCU there is an scan of my right lower quadrant with the very clear image of a model 60. :)

OlGutshotWilly

Campaign Veteran
I OC into my Dentist all the time. Physician, not so much.

CT scans are not a problem for metal objects, other than possibly blocking imaging of organs that need to be seen. MRI's have the magnetic issues and no metal is allowed in the room, ferrous or not generally speaking.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I OC into my Dentist all the time. Physician, not so much.

CT scans are not a problem for metal objects, other than possibly blocking imaging of organs that need to be seen. MRI's have the magnetic issues and no metal is allowed in the room, ferrous or not generally speaking.
Non-ferrous metals such as gold rings and aluminum belt buckels have never been an issue with MRIs for me.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Any conductive circuit generates EMF in a changing magnetic field. A transformer with aluminum windings works fine. Aluminum and gold will not act differently in an EMP like the initiation and collapse of the MRI field.
OK, but neither my aluminum belt buckle nor my gold ring is a transformer.

2016-new-arrival-men-s-canvas-font-b-belt-b-font-font-b-Transformers-b-font.jpg

Note the Chinese spelling on the buckle.

Last edited:

Difdi

MRIs can do scary things to metal

I've seen a video of someone attaching a scale to heavy duty web straps, wrapping up a chair in them, and measuring how much pull an MRI exerts. The thing registered over 2,800lbs before the straps broke (it REALLY wanted that chair). Throwing a stapler into an active one will turn each individual staple into an independent projectile capable of going through six inches of ballistic gelatin.

Even if the magnetic suction effect doesn't get you, non-ferrous metals will become antennas for the field. Just imagine magnetic induction sending lots and lots of electrical current through your sensitive piercings. Or worse, finding out the hard way that your gold earring is actually gold plated iron as it rips out of your ear at bullet-like velocities.

JoeSparky

Centurion
I've seen a video of someone attaching a scale to heavy duty web straps, wrapping up a chair in them, and measuring how much pull an MRI exerts. The thing registered over 2,800lbs before the straps broke (it REALLY wanted that chair). Throwing a stapler into an active one will turn each individual staple into an independent projectile capable of going through six inches of ballistic gelatin.

Even if the magnetic suction effect doesn't get you, non-ferrous metals will become antennas for the field. Just imagine magnetic induction sending lots and lots of electrical current through your sensitive piercings. Or worse, finding out the hard way that your gold earring is actually gold plated iron as it rips out of your ear at bullet-like velocities.
Ear? Oh, so pedestrian. LOL a "prince Albert" certainly may drag a person to the wall violently!

You don't need to know what kind of device or tool was used to send this

solus

Ear? Oh, so pedestrian. LOL a "prince Albert" certainly may drag a person to the wall violently!

sorry a PA would rip out easier than an ear ring as skin is different...therefore no dragging would be apparent

and the video held in awe is showing the equipment being used at full energy at worse case scenario !

ipse

added, the gentleman from utah is personally enlightened enough to be able to articlulate about jewelry of such a personal nature...

Last edited:

JoeSparky

Centurion
sorry a PA would rip out easier than an ear ring as skin is different...therefore no dragging would be apparent

and the video held in awe is showing the equipment being used at full energy at worse case scenario !

ipse

added, the gentleman from utah is personally enlightened enough to be able to articlulate about jewelry of such a personal nature...
Not so at all as I have no such personal knowledge so will not challenge you on something of which you've now demonstrated such personal and detailed experience