Thread: On this day in 1966 ( Gun control legislation)

On this day in 1966 ( Gun control legislation)

The 50th Anniversary of the sniper attack at the University of Texas at Austin. Then President LBJ wrote a letter to Congress urging the enactment of
    "gun control" legislation.

Regards
    CCJ
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    The 50th Anniversary of the sniper attack at the University of Texas at Austin. Then President LBJ wrote a letter to Congress urging the enactment of
    "gun control" legislation.

Regards
    CCJ

Actually, the shooting was August 1, 1966. It took LBJ a month and a half to write the letter to Congress. He had already pushed for gun control before the shooting as it was. It wasn't until MLK and RFK in '68 did anyone jerk a knee in response. Bloody shirt wagging, indeed.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=29197
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.0518178b012a

Banned
    Never read the legislation, was not able to object to it, and it does not apply as all gun laws are void.

Simple, yes?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Simple enough for a simpleton.

"It is the character of a simpleton to be a bore. A man of sense sees at once whether he is welcome or tiresome; he knows to withdraw the moment that precedes that in which he would be in the least in the way."
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post

"It is the character of a simpleton to be a bore. A man of sense sees at once whether he is welcome or tiresome; he knows to withdraw the moment that precedes that in which he would be in the least in the way."

Pondering the thoughts of lesser minds.....

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Pondering the thoughts of lesser minds.....
    The preponderance of evidence is obvious.
    Better to not open your mouth and be thought the fool, than to open it and remove all doubt.

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    A parenthetical six words out of more than 230. Again misquoted!The only reason that I looked is that Country Club liberal Joe hosed his 'John Locke'. What else has he hosed?
    I didn't know how to spell "for"..

Here is a great quote that surely applies to Mr.Word Salad aka nightmare-- " He has Supreme Vanity" per William Faulkner.

Also again for Mr.Word Salad "never argue with an idiot for he shall kill you and beat you down with experience."
    " I detest hypocrites and their Hypocrisy" I support Liberty for each, for all, and forever".
    Ask yourself, Do you own Yourself?