• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

On this day in 1966 ( Gun control legislation)

countryclubjoe

The 50th Anniversary of the sniper attack at the University of Texas at Austin. Then President LBJ wrote a letter to Congress urging the enactment of
"gun control" legislation.

Regards
CCJ

mikeyb

The 50th Anniversary of the sniper attack at the University of Texas at Austin. Then President LBJ wrote a letter to Congress urging the enactment of
"gun control" legislation.

Regards
CCJ

Actually, the shooting was August 1, 1966. It took LBJ a month and a half to write the letter to Congress. He had already pushed for gun control before the shooting as it was. It wasn't until MLK and RFK in '68 did anyone jerk a knee in response. Bloody shirt wagging, indeed.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=29197
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...80638ede391_story.html?utm_term=.0518178b012a

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Simple enough for a simpleton.
images

"It is the character of a simpleton to be a bore. A man of sense sees at once whether he is welcome or tiresome; he knows to withdraw the moment that precedes that in which he would be in the least in the way."

davidmcbeth

Banned
images

"It is the character of a simpleton to be a bore. A man of sense sees at once whether he is welcome or tiresome; he knows to withdraw the moment that precedes that in which he would be in the least in the way."

Belushi_John_AnimalHouse_183.jpg

Pondering the thoughts of lesser minds.....

countryclubjoe

A parenthetical six words out of more than 230. Again misquoted!The only reason that I looked is that Country Club liberal Joe hosed his 'John Locke'. What else has he hosed?

I didn't know how to spell "for"..

Here is a great quote that surely applies to Mr.Word Salad aka nightmare-- " He has Supreme Vanity" per William Faulkner.

Also again for Mr.Word Salad "never argue with an idiot for he shall kill you and beat you down with experience."