Thread: Outback giving thumbs down on guns.

Outback giving thumbs down on guns.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2791082

Looks like I won't be eating there again.

The Center for Responsive Politics via the Wikipedia reports Outback as a major Republican contributor, $300K in the 2000 and 2004 election cycles.
    The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense. I am responsible for what I write, not for your understanding of it. Gee Zeus, get a grip on 'yourself'!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dkangel View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2791082

Looks like I won't be eating there again.
    I approached and asked him if he was law enforcement...

So he clearly was not afraid of being there ... otherwise he would have left w/o confrontation , right?

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Have eaten and OCd at Outback both separately and as part of a substantial group on numerous occasions. Never a problem related to carrying.

If they have an anti-policy, I have never seen any evidence of it.

The remarks of the FUDD are typical - out in left field.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Per Wikipedia, As of 2015, chains that the company (Bloomin' Brands) owns and/or operates include:

Bonefish Grill
    Carrabba's Italian Grill
    Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
    Outback Steakhouse
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Per Wikipedia, As of 2015, chains that the company (Bloomin' Brands) owns and/or operates include:

Bonefish Grill
    Carrabba's Italian Grill
    Outback Steakhouse
    Carrabba's has some interesting food - never a problem OCing at the one in N. Chesterfield, Va. either.

I get hugs when I walk in there, but that is another story.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post

Bonefish Grill
    Carrabba's Italian Grill
    Outback Steakhouse
    All those places are too classy for us, so no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by countryclubjoe View Post
    I never referred to you or anyone else as a shoeshine boy... I simply told you to "go get your shine box'. Not a racial statement whatsoever..-snip-
    -snip- My offer still stands, if you want to do an honest days work, I will send you my antique shine box..

Internet commerce v. Brick-and-mortar good service with a smile

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    All those places are too classy for us, so no problems.
    It was at Ocala, Fl. Bonefish Grill that I discovered my current gifting wine in a $10 glass of 10Span Central Coast Pinot Noir this spring. A few weeks later I confirmed it with another at The Fat Hen on James Island, SC. Monday I will pick-up my second case for $90=$7.50/bottle 750 ml. Ordered on-line.

Class is not $40 for an $8 bottle of wine, class is the good servers and I still remember the genuine smile on the doorman greeter. With the rise of internet commerce, the only unique offering of a brick-and-mortar establishment is service.

Woodman's Foods' store in Green Bay will have my three cases of wine and a half-dozen bottles of liquor waiting behind the counter, and always service with a pleasant smile. Their greengrocery attracts Milady Wife.

If one will remonstrate with Bloomin Businesses, use that argument.. So far we have only the word of a local manager. I looked on-line to see no mention of guns at any of their sites.
    The conspiracy of ignorance masquerades as common sense. I am responsible for what I write, not for your understanding of it. Gee Zeus, get a grip on 'yourself'!

John's Island, not James Island.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    John's Island, not James Island.
    You are correct and I was wrong.

http://thefathen.com/

OC'd at the Outback in Las Vegas

nothing said.

so this guy leaves because of an OC'ing customer.. basically says he'd feel safer if he was an LEO, yet a few months ago weren't they reporting on how NYC cops are corrupt and responsible for multiple civilian injuries/ fatalities by firearm?

little hypocritical don't you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    so this guy leaves because of an OC'ing customer.. basically says he'd feel safer if he was an LEO, yet a few months ago weren't they reporting on how NYC cops are corrupt and responsible for multiple civilian injuries/ fatalities by firearm?

His FEELING safe, is a state of mind not based in facts. You will NEVER to do anything where everybody will FEEL safe. His needing to feel safe doesn't trump everybody else right to live their lives. He did exactly the right thing by leaving, so he can have his feeling of safety. ANYBODY but LEO's who carry firearms would make anybody FEEL unsafe....because everybody know that only LEO's have the proper training and mindset to carry such a thing....
    Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalm 144:2 My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust; who subdueth my people under me. Pro 14:15 The simple believeth every word: but the prudent man looketh well to his going.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    You are correct and I was wrong.

http://thefathen.com/
    Last time I was down that way I never made it past Crust Wood Fored Pizza just off Folly Rd. http://crustwoodfirepizza.com/

Too many Cadillacs, BMWs, and Benzes on Maybank going to Kiawah/Seabrook for my liking.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Richieg150 View Post
    ...He did exactly the right thing by leaving, so he can have his feeling of safety. ...
    And the armed gentleman that was harassed by this departing hairdresser is the one that deserved an apology from the restaurant.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post

Not sure what the reason is, maybe the long hair, and beard, maybe because I look like Santa Claus. I get a completely different reaction, of course it could be just North Carolina. Last Friday my wife, and I took the Grand Prix to GM to have new key fobs programed. We walked across the street to McDonalds for breakfast. Not long before a older man approached our table to thank us, and tell us how we made him feel safe.

If the gentleman feels safer around LEO's he should hire off duty police to be his body guard. Because most likely they are not going to be there when the poop hits the fan.
    I never referred to you or anyone else as a shoeshine boy... I simply told you to "go get your shine box'. Not a racial statement whatsoever..-snip-
    -snip- My offer still stands, if you want to do an honest days work, I will send you my antique shine box..

Last time I was down that way I never made it past Crust Wood Fored Pizza just off Folly Rd. http://crustwoodfirepizza.com/

Too many Cadillacs, BMWs, and Benzes on Maybank going to Kiawah/Seabrook for my liking.
    Good choice, a favorite of Milady Wife's godchild's parents. I prefer not to eat finger-food.

On Folly Road my favorite is Mondo's Delite. http://eatatmondos.com/. To which I was introduced by these same godchild's parents. To obviate intrusive questions, open carry of guns is illegal in SC but for particular special purposes.

Milady Wife owned four retail business at the Kiawah Island Strawmarket and closed them and retired when the Kiawah Inn closed. We lived on Seabrook Island Road on Seabrook, and now drive a BMW X5.

Yes indeed, on a BMW forum I commented that Betsy Kerrison/Maybank is a BMW throughway, and that I laugh at the fools trying to be the fastest rectum on a road that predates the United States. I always drive on cruise control anyway and just put on some good music and enjoy the scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingWolf View Post
    Not sure what the reason is, maybe the long hair, and beard, maybe because I look like Santa Claus. I get a completely different reaction, of course it could be just North Carolina. Last Friday my wife, and I took the Grand Prix to GM to have new key fobs programed. We walked across the street to McDonalds for breakfast. Not long before a older man approached our table to thank us, and tell us how we made him feel safe.

If the gentleman feels safer around LEO's he should hire off duty police to be his body guard. Because most likely they are not going to be there when the poop hits the fan.
    Still, Ribbign the LEO's for poor firearms training and use one week, then demanding they be the only ones to carry the next.. I have no respect for people like this because it simply baffles me how daft the mentality they have is.

like the old adage, can't have your cake and eat it too, but they sure seem to be trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Good choice, a favorite of Milady Wife's godchild's parents. I prefer not to eat finger-food.

Traffic got better on the way to the yacht club down in Rockville, as well as the clientele.

Unrelated: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ma...!4d-80.1078742
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 09-22-2016 at 08:56 AM. Reason: fixed quote format

Traffic got better on the way to the yacht club down in Rockville, as well as the clientele.
    I crewed on Hers 41' Irwin of Big Henry Finch (Wild Dunes) under Captain Jackie Lucas (later Commodore of the Goat Island YC). First Mate Judy cooked breakfast for the small boat fleet. I knew I was in the right place when I first saw the crews of a dozen J24 all sitting on the sterns waiting on leave to go party from the Bristol condition boats.

At the time I owned Ataxia my new Beneteau First 235 wing-keel. After H. Hugo I got tired of waiting for my slip at Ashley River Marina to be refurbished and sold it. In about 2003 I bought a distressed First 235 for a song, sailed the paint off, and dragged it to Lake Michigan. Now it sits in my backyard.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-22-2016 at 10:55 AM.

Been a Carolina Skiff man for 40 years. Good for shrimpin the creeks.