Thread: NYT Editorial Board. Missouri: The Shoot Me State. Da Yankees think they know better

NYT Editorial Board. Missouri: The Shoot Me State. Da Yankees think they know better

In an alarming victory for the gun lobby, Missouri’s Republican-controlled Legislature voted Wednesday to override Gov. Jay Nixon’s veto and enact a wholesale retreat from gun safety in the state.

The law will let citizens carry concealed weapons in public without a state gun permit, criminal background check or firearms training. It strips local law enforcement of its current authority to deny firearms to those guilty of domestic violence and to other high-risk individuals. And it establishes a dangerous “stand your ground” standard that will allow gun owners to shoot and claim self-defense based on their own sense of feeling threatened.

The measure has drawn no great national attention, but it certainly provides further evidence that gun safety cannot be left to state lawmakers beholden to the gun lobby.
    [ ... ]

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/16/op...-me-state.html

The Yankees interfere in another state's politics, while ignoring their soaring crime death rate.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 09-16-2016 at 09:05 AM. Reason: Put elision mark properly
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Yep, ignore facts and go with emotion.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Progressives have always promoted population control; so what are they complaining about?

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Progressives have always promoted population control; so what are they complaining about?
    The means. They complain about guns and they complain about Zika Virus Disease. ZVD is the new HIV and mosquito injected abortifacient, but with different selection criteria out of the progs control.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Wait, I thought it was the US Congress that was the mouthpiece of the NRA I'm so confused...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

the new york times is not even descent paper to rap fish in. it does not report the news with out a liberal slant, to the point it is not news it is propaganda

Typical damn Yankee thinking. Screw up your own sand box and want everyone else to poop in their sandbox to get it as screwed up as the Yankee box is. Go the hell away and leave us Missouri folks alone.

Regular Member Have Gun - Will Carry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    Typical damn Yankee thinking. Screw up your own sand box and want everyone else to poop in their sandbox to get it as screwed up as the Yankee box is. Go the hell away and leave us Missouri folks alone.
    Hey, watch the insults there! It has nothing to do with Yankees vs. southerners, it's theliberals from big cities who write this tripe. I guarantee that most of us rural Yankees feel the same way you do, so put the blame where it's due - the city liberals - not on all of us!
    “There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leader, and concerting measures in opposition to each other.” - John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by marshaul View Post
    Experience? Experience means political success, which means (today) Democrat or Republican. And it is precisely these professional politicians who have become corrupt and unrepresentative of the American people.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 9026543 View Post
    Go gently there, Sir.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

I was slinging the damn Yankee remark toward the NYT editorial board. We here in MO have seen way to many left coast and right coast liberals move in for the freedoms we have but then almost immediately they want to start changing things to the way they were back home.

Actual Yankees are from northern New England -- you know, those states that also don't require background checks or training to carry handguns in public.

Neither does Pennsylvania. NY is practically surrounded.

am unsure, as to how the opinion of a journalist and editorial board in a piss poor state with horrible death by firearm statistics despite the gun control laws they have, has any bearing on us here in the middle of the country.

my simple reply is, don't like it don't come here. and if you do like it and come here don't bring your control freak tripe with you to the voting booth.
    Last edited by Ezek; 09-17-2016 at 06:03 PM.