• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An act of terrorism?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Published: Saturday, September 17th 2016, 11:55 am EDT
Updated: Saturday, September 17th 2016, 12:06 pm EDT

"SEASIDE PARK, NJ (WWBT) - A device exploded in shore side New Jersey community Saturday morning right as approximately 5,000 people were slated to run a 5K Marine charity race."

"According to NBC affiliate WNBC, the explosive device went off in a garbage can in Seaside Park, New Jersey, about an hour north of Atlantic City. Officials say no one was injured in the blast, but they were investigating another suspicious device in the town."

http://www.nbc12.com/story/33119256/pipe-bomb-explodes-at-nj-marine-charity-race-location-police

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Is there a pattern here other than our vulnerability?

ST. CLOUD, Minn. (AP) -- "A man in a private security uniform stabbed eight people at a Minnesota shopping mall, reportedly mentioning Allah and asking at least one victim if they were Muslim before an off-duty police officer shot and killed him, authorities said."

"The attack began shortly after an explosion in a crowded New York City neighborhood injured 29 people. A suspicious device was found a few blocks away and safely removed. Hours before that, a pipe bomb exploded in Seaside Park, New Jersey, shortly before thousands of runners were due to participate in a charity 5K race. There was no indication that any of the incidents were linked."

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"NEW YORK (AP) - Police released a photo of a 28-year-old immigrant wanted for questioning Monday in bombings that rocked a Manhattan neighborhood and a New Jersey shore town, and New York's governor and mayor said the blasts are looking increasingly like an act of terrorism with a foreign connection."
http://www.nbc12.com/story/33125119/naturalized-us-citizen-from-afghanistan-sought-in-nyc-blast

BREAKING: NYPD: Ahmad Khan Rahami, 28, of Elizabeth, NJ, "is being sought in connection with" the NYC bombing. pic.twitter.com/D34Icpv9KK
7:29 AM - 19 Sep 2016

Cstpr-BWIAAj2fJ.jpg

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I see on the web (* Abe Lincoln said that everything on the web is to believed*) that he went to Afghanistan and came back "religious".

solus

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/2...written-rants-youtube-favorites-revealed.html

While we shouldn't be surprised we should be outraged. Comey and Lynch are treasonous criminals and should be imprisoned along with Obama the traitor.

do you need assistance in getting the fox news media shock and awe fishhook out of your bottom lip...

what we should be outraged about is fox news even providing such extensive page by blood hell page coverage about the notebook in the first place...thru its release they have caused:
1. tremendous publicity and world wide acknowledgement to the group's followers, wherever they are hiding, that the group's leaders can still bring this country to our knees.
2. acknowledging the group's training and clandestine coomunicative sytem is viable and functional.
3. acknowledgement they need to put in their lesson plans for future 'soldiers' to ensure they create a journal, to be found immediately by authorities, to increase any event's shock and awe publicity.
4. reenforces this government's desire to create a dhs police climate where JQPublic shudders when any enforcement agent(s) point to a citizen and even mention the word, terrorist, and all our rights go out the window so the lynchings (shootings) can begin...

that is who our outrage should be directed towards...fox's all mighty goal to $$$$ ~yet again.

finally, the event is days olde of course the indicments are not even close to being finalized and wont be for months...the government has another show boat & public spectacle trial to put on tv for the citizens of this country, the likes the citizenry has not seen since OJ.

now go put some antiseptic on the fishhook wound before it gets septic.

ipse

Last edited:

boundlessdyad

do you need assistance in getting the fox news media shock and awe fishhook out of your bottom lip...

what we should be outraged about is fox news even providing such extensive page by blood hell page coverage about the notebook in the first place...thru its release they have caused:
1. tremendous publicity and world wide acknowledgement to the group's followers, wherever they are hiding, that the group's leaders can still bring this country to our knees.
2. acknowledging the group's training and clandestine coomunicative sytem is viable and functional.
3. acknowledgement they need to put in their lesson plans for future 'soldiers' to ensure they create a journal, to be found immediately by authorities, to increase any event's shock and awe publicity.
4. reenforces this government's desire to create a dhs police climate where JQPublic shudders when any enforcement agent(s) point to a citizen and even mention the word, terrorist, and all our rights go out the window so the lynchings (shootings) can begin...

that is who our outrage should be directed towards...fox's all mighty goal to $$$$ ~yet again.

finally, the event is days olde of course the indicments are not even close to being finalized and wont be for months...the government has another show boat & public spectacle trial to put on tv for the citizens of this country, the likes the citizenry has not seen since OJ.

now go put some antiseptic on the fishhook wound before it gets septic.

ipse
But not a word is said by you about the NBC links above? Yeah that makes sense. Get a life.

solus

But not a word is said by you about the NBC links above? Yeah that makes sense. Get a life.

i guess you didn't look at the fox cite in relation to the contents of my post...let me reiterate... fox's after the event report was strictly to incite shock and awe in the hearts of JQPublic from the headlines to exposing the contents of the journal followed by showing specific photos of bloody pages (add gore to the shock and awe for the public) and IMO journal's contents shouldn't have been publicized, which is what i stated...

NBC's is covering the snippets of the whole series of the event...guess i missed bullethole, oh and the blood, in the phone's text snippet shown.

that you were outraged just was amazing you got hooked by the report, which is what i also stated...

not my fault the pesky fishhook is still caught, which has made you cranky and all super sensitivity about being criticized for being caught up in the news medium's report of shock and awe without looking at it realistically.

ipse

boundlessdyad

i guess you didn't look at the fox cite in relation to the contents of my post...let me reiterate... fox's after the event report was strictly to incite shock and awe in the hearts of JQPublic from the headlines to exposing the contents of the journal followed by showing specific photos of bloody pages (add gore to the shock and awe for the public) and IMO journal's contents shouldn't have been publicized, which is what i stated...

NBC's is covering the snippets of the whole series of the event...guess i missed bullethole, oh and the blood, in the phone's text snippet shown.

that you were outraged just was amazing you got hooked by the report, which is what i also stated...

not my fault the pesky fishhook is still caught, which has made you cranky and all super sensitivity about being criticized for being caught up in the news medium's report of shock and awe without looking at it realistically.

ipse
Okay Mr. Expert on everything media related. Obviously you are a mind reader too. You must be very impressed with yourself.

solus

Okay Mr. Expert on everything media related. Obviously you are a mind reader too. You must be very impressed with yourself.

it is not my fault you lack an apparent grasp of the purpose of shock and awe media reporting...from 2012:

quote: As some remarkable terrorist attacks in history indicate, whether it is in the United States (US), Europe, or the Middle East, it is by and large the case that the architects of terrorism exploit the media for the benefit of their operational efficiency, information gathering, recruitment, fund raising, and propaganda schemes (Nacos 2006). In the words of Nacos (2002), whether it is the relatively inconsequential arson by an amateurish environmental group or mass destruction by a network of terrorists, the perpetrators’ media-related goals are the same: attention, recognition, and perhaps even a degree of respectability and legitimacy in their various publics (Nacos 2002a).

Media, in return, receives the attention of the public that is vital for its existence and benefits from record sales and huge audiences. To put it briefly, just as terrorism has to be communicated to have effect (Seib and Janbek 2011), the media has to cover the incidents in such a way to benefit from the public’s eagerness to obtain information about terrorist attacks. It is, therefore, fair to argue that there is a mutually beneficial relationship between terrorism and today’s media. unquote. http://www.e-ir.info/2012/07/22/terrorism-and-the-media-a-dangerous-symbiosis/

you were saying...

ipse

added...this was first identified when ted turner started 24/7 cnn...and the need to report shock and awe to provide $$$ to sustain their operation(s).

Last edited:

boundlessdyad

it is not my fault you lack an apparent grasp of the purpose of shock and awe media reporting...from 2012:

quote: As some remarkable terrorist attacks in history indicate, whether it is in the United States (US), Europe, or the Middle East, it is by and large the case that the architects of terrorism exploit the media for the benefit of their operational efficiency, information gathering, recruitment, fund raising, and propaganda schemes (Nacos 2006). In the words of Nacos (2002), whether it is the relatively inconsequential arson by an amateurish environmental group or mass destruction by a network of terrorists, the perpetrators’ media-related goals are the same: attention, recognition, and perhaps even a degree of respectability and legitimacy in their various publics (Nacos 2002a).

Media, in return, receives the attention of the public that is vital for its existence and benefits from record sales and huge audiences. To put it briefly, just as terrorism has to be communicated to have effect (Seib and Janbek 2011), the media has to cover the incidents in such a way to benefit from the public’s eagerness to obtain information about terrorist attacks. It is, therefore, fair to argue that there is a mutually beneficial relationship between terrorism and today’s media. unquote. http://www.e-ir.info/2012/07/22/terrorism-and-the-media-a-dangerous-symbiosis/

you were saying...

ipse

added...this was first identified when ted turner started 24/7 cnn...and the need to report shock and awe to provide $$$ to sustain their operation(s).
And it's not my fault that you lack an apparent grasp on the fact that I could care less what you think. Your overwhelming sense of self importance is clearly a cover for some inadequacy issue you suffer from. Perhaps some therapy is in order. Your lengthy posts on every topic on the forum aren't impressive despite what you may believe.

solus

And it's not my fault that you lack an apparent grasp on the fact that I could care less what you think. Your overwhelming sense of self importance is clearly a cover for some inadequacy issue you suffer from. Perhaps some therapy is in order. Your lengthy posts on every topic on the forum aren't impressive despite what you may believe.

now you regale to playground taunts...lol

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Clearly a negative reference, a personal attack, and not well received here.

boundlessdyad

Clearly a negative reference, a personal attack, and not well received here.
And the following of another member from thread to thread with negative comments on each post in an annoying manner like a flea or tick is acceptable and well received? Not by me. The community might flourish if "solus" was at minimum hospitable.

boundlessdyad

Ya know, there is an Ignore List.

I use at a bit differently that it was intended. I use it to remind myself that the members on my list are unpleasant to read, that responding to them will likely accomplish nothing, and to think twice before viewing the post. You might try it.
Thanks for the tip. I did that just prior to your post. It's too bad that it is even necessary to add an ignore button.

boundlessdyad

It is a standard vBulletin feature. I don't believe that I have ever seen a vB forum without the iggy list implemented. Other forum software, yeah, WP for instance.
Yes I am aware of that. I have accounts on numerous forums. I guess I have been lucky in never having to use the feature before. As they say "there is a first time for everything".

solus

Thanks for the tip. I did that just prior to your post. It's too bad that it is even necessary to add an ignore button.

of course, you can use that feature, censorship is a great tool ~ to not hear ppl point out that what you are saying is foolish or incorrect. do you always seek the 'yes' individual in your business dealings too?

for example, you posted the fox cite, then immediately engaged in a rant, (which BTW had nothing to do with the cite) by name, that these certain ppl are terrorists, including the president ~ all i did was point out the actual problems with fox posting the shock and awe story about the notebook.
you rebutted by asking what did i know about media relations ~ I responded by posted a cite explaining the symbiotic relationship between news reporting and terrorist activities.

nowhere did i insult you during this exchange, yet you felt the need to engage in play ground taunts towards me and personal commentary saying i should seek therapy...now pray tell who truly, who really lost any and all credibility in the exchange, certainly not I!

i mean, really, look at your last post in response to grape...you sound like an emotional school boy whining to the principal..."make him stop, make him stop picking on me!!"

ya, the ignore list is your easy way out and it is worn as a badge of honor for you isn't it...

alternatively...you could realize you are on a private forum reviewed by outside citizens, government entities ~ foreign and domestic, and realize wearing your feelings on your shirt sleeves doesn't help and realize commentary back to you isn't personal and rebut the commentary with objective information.

oh wait, you can't see this...alas tis a shame...but i have faith in human nature...you'll peek.

ipse

added: another fallacy of ignore...you can't see what ppl are post about you...good or bad!

Last edited: